+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Financial Risk Analysts/Consultants here?

Kane89

Dec 13, 2015
Hi all!

Could anyone please advise me on choosing a correct NOC?

I am a senior financial risk management consultant in one of international consulting firms.
My main duties are:
• Consulting clients on subjects related to market and credit risk quantification
• Collection, transformation and statistical analysis of financial data using various programming languages such as SAS, SQL
• Development, validation and documentation of financial risk models in accordance with Basel II requirements for the clients (large Banks)

At first, in my EE profile I selected 1112 (Financial and Investment Analyst) since it mentions “Evaluate financial risk” among the duties. However, I wrote to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2 and they suggested NOC 4162 (Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts) instead. But the duties described in this NOC do not really match what I do.
Also, the question is how strict CIC might be in regards to slightly wrong NOC if I apply EE FSW (1112 instead of 4162)? Might it lead to a rejection?

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Since you will need to submit a letter from your employer which includes your job title, duties, hours and salary, I would go with the noc code that matches your job duties the best.

I have read posts from people on here who had their application rejected for choosing the wrong code because the job duties in the letter didnt match the ones on the noc code.

So I would mainly focus on finding the noc code that will allow you to get a good match in job duties. If your HR department is flexible and allows you to have some input into the wording of the letter, then you can also make sure that it is written in a way that it includes at least some of the main duties mentioned in your noc code.

It shouldnt be a perfect match to avoid making it look like it was just copied from the noc page but you should definitely have the main ones in your letter.

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
I am in the same profession. I am a Manager in the FRM practice of one of the Big 4. I think that NOC 1112 fits. I don't see why they will reject it all. The other NOC is very specific to Economists. We develop many types of models and Macroeconomic Stress Testing models constitute a very small part of our job.