+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any differernce b/w Idp and Brit council ielts tests..??

vijai

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Is there any difference between idp and british council ielts tests? :'( :-X

I mean, in reading--Brit cambridge practice materials have had tough patterns when compared to idp prac material(bit easy). i could see that each sections in reading b/w these two materials were entirely different..Questions are not that difficult in idp pract book!!! and also listening i experienced the same.

fellows are sayin that both tests are same Shocked..look forward for ur reply guys!!! i m goin to register my test soon!!! :-[ :eek:

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
vijai said:

I mean, in reading--Brit cambridge practice materials have had tough patterns when compared to idp prac material(bit easy). i could see that each sections in reading b/w these two materials were entirely different..Questions are not that difficult in idp pract book!!! and also listening i experienced the same.

fellows are sayin that both tests are same Shocked..look forward for ur reply guys!!! i m goin to register my test soon!!! :-[ :eek:
In terms of minimum requirement for a university, there is no specific requirement whether one needs to have a idp or cambridge ielts....

But i have heard that idp australia is easier.....but cant say for sure as i have not given it

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
bro they r just rumours.... infact i heard a lot too ...:)!!! its the same paper really...!!
u get study material lik a book and 30 hrs of online prep for IELTS with british coucil....i have it thru BC infact , got 7.5 with a weeks prep..!!

1.patelvishal

Jul 30, 2012
vijai said:

I've given IELTS through both British Council & IDP. My personal experience is that IDP is easy especially the reading section. You don't want to waste time behind British Council

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
bro u must have given it on diff datess...!!! smtimes the quest get a bit diff on a particular test date, the scores are adjusted acc to that..

overall the paper is the same...!!!

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
vijai said:

In Pakistan, IELTS test is held by British council and AEO (Australian Education office)

Quote: "Q.3 Is there any difference between AEO IELTS and British Council IELTS?
Ans. There is no difference between AEO IELTS and British Council IELTS. both conduct the same IELTS test."

vijai

Star Member
May 11, 2012
hi patel..

I m goin to take ielts exam soon,as per ur experience ,which is easy to score either brit or idp ? especially in reading section..me too had appeared british ielts exam once..now this time planned to take in idp..tatsy i m asking..
also..in idp prac materials,questions are very easy..is this continue in real exams? and especially reading patterns between brit pract book and idp prac book were entirely different..in real exams also,will questions be like this?

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bro, there is a *very slight difference* depending on your target. IDP/AEO IELTS tests are held without being restrict on some levels (for example, the task achievement,cohesion, and the lexical resources criteria and specially the evaluation in the speaking part), this is now moderately known , moreover , idp is not a big thing , BC is. So, the universities who take too much pride on themselves and have a large number on their "applicants-per-seat" , they have a good chance of making this a priority, which just means that if you attempt IELTS from idp, you will get 7.5 and from british council it will be 6.5/7 , they'll just treat them the same way unless the difference is huge.

Im saying this from my 1.5 year experience as an IELTS instructor cum part time foreign education consultant.

HHH

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijai said:
Yes,
Name and location,nothing more than that

vijai

Star Member
May 11, 2012
@shadh

but you dint say anything abt my query On, Is reading module from brit and idp exams quite different? I mean the difficulty level between those two.! because as i said before i experienced huge difference by those practice books...