VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
Vats said:
hi
I got EIT and got PEng technical clear
but no job so far....
What's the process for applying for the EIT and PEng? Can I initiate the process while in India itself? If so, how do I go about doing that? What's the PEng exam like and where can I get preparatory study material? Any input you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: njay91

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
hello
I believe you can apply from india as recently PEO have removed condition that applicant should have canadian residency

just check
process is simple you need to submit your documents to PEO (marksheet, resume etc) check PEO site for list

apply for FCP program for fee waiver its available on peo site

rahul20978 said:
What's the process for applying for the EIT and PEng? Can I initiate the process while in India itself? If so, how do I go about doing that? What's the PEng exam like and where can I get preparatory study material? Any input you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
[/quote

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Information for those interested in practicing engineering in Alberta. You can apply as a foreign licensee while outside of Canada.

http://www.applyatapega.ca/?_ga=1.43984101.1368129476.1420440199

C.

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
rahul20978 said:
I thought the whole point of CIC pitching the FSW NOCs was that there was a shortage of skilled professionals in those particular NOCs. If there are already Canadian engineers to take up the jobs, why on earth do they want more of us to immigrate there?
Yeah, it will be scary if the situation is so dire over in Canada.

I am presently having a decent job but I would really like to see more of the world before I get too old which is why I am thinking of immigrating. Anyway, while it is disheartening to see posts like that I really hope things work out well.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
chiron said:
Yeah, it will be scary if the situation is so dire over in Canada.

I am presently having a decent job but I would really like to see more of the world before I get too old which is why I am thinking of immigrating. Anyway, while it is disheartening to see posts like that I really hope things work out well.
The key is to try and start networking and getting to know people in your profession in Canada so that they can help you find leads when you are there. Unfortunately, the statistics are stacked against immigrants who are highly qualified to find work in their field. If you are an engineer, start keeping a log or diary of all of your projects, dates, your role, your deliverables and any accomplishments. If you are involved in any engineering societies, standards development committees etc....keep a summary of that as well. Basically, keep a professional development history including engineering practice (you will have to do this anyways once you arrive in Canada if you want to register as an engineer).

But the most important aspect is to get to know people in your profession...and you may also have to be willing to work in more remote locations....

Finally, the other option you have, is to start your own engineering company, hire someone who is licensed and go that route. Not sure how easy it is...but it's an option.

Good luck.

C.

guri20520

Sep 9, 2015
hey man,
i am planning to study masters in civil engn.
i am a fresher with no experience what doo u suggest good for my profile

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
guri20520 said:
hey man,
i am planning to study masters in civil engn.
i am a fresher with no experience what doo u suggest good for my profile
If you have finished your bachelor's degree, by now you must have a fair idea about which specialization interests you. It's not for us to say what you should study.

njay91

Star Member
Aug 29, 2017
Kochi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
hi
I got EIT and got PEng technical clear
but no job so far....
Hey!I am a Civil Engineer.What was your experience like ? Did you find a job?

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
After reading a lot of blogs and posts on various websites, it seems that finding a job in your professional field in Canada is very tough. After clearing regulations, and licensing hurdles one arrives at 0 position. A newcomer with foreign education and foreign work xp is essentially at negative position, not even zero position.
I know that Canada expects immigrants to conform to their standards, and not the other way around which is perfectly fine by me. But as an engineer (mech.), I find the situation quite bleak and haven't read about a success story so far.

njay91

Star Member
Aug 29, 2017
Kochi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
After reading a lot of blogs and posts on various websites, it seems that finding a job in your professional field in Canada is very tough. After clearing regulations, and licensing hurdles one arrives at 0 position. A newcomer with foreign education and foreign work xp is essentially at negative position, not even zero position.
I know that Canada expects immigrants to conform to their standards, and not the other way around which is perfectly fine by me. But as an engineer (mech.), I find the situation quite bleak and haven't read about a success story so far.
Do you think it would be easier to get a job in Australia,provided that if I got the Australian PR ?Also there aint any hurdles like P.eng in Australia.Whats your opinion ?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
You don't need to get professional designations (EIT or P.Eng) to start working in a engineering related job, it's possible to get starting positions before that, anyways without Canadian Experience you cannot get a P.Eng

Unsuccessful stories are more likely to find here, because most of successful engineers don't expend time explaining it.

There's a excellent post in this forum (I don't remember where) explaining the problems an Engineer had and how finally success and he shared with us some recommendations, basically get some training right away in Canada like a MEng in Construction management or similar.

It's hard to start from scratch, but long term if could be rewarding if you really like to be here, otherwise you won't be happy.

I came as Temporary Foreign Worker with almost 20 years of experience and had to start from a medium/basic position. I was lucky to came with job, some PR expend too much time trying to get a work at the beginning.

Of course your contacts are critical, you have to find ways to get Canadian contacts, even if they are not directly related with your area of expertise could be helpful to know the local job market.

Be ready to start from a lower position than you had before, and of course less money.

Life in Canada is expensive, so don't let your savings run out too quickly and consider that you may need to get any job at some point.

Some research about companies and provincial job markets for your area of expertise is needed.

Be ready to adapt to a totally difernte way of life and work style, you must adapt to be successful

By the way I was working with several foreign engineers greatly appreciated in his companies

Last edited: