+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Canada PGWP holders stuck in India?

aman870

May 7, 2019
Greetings everyone!
I am a PGWP holder currently stuck in India. My work permit is valid and on going and due to the flights being banned from India, I am really worried. Are there any other people in a situation like me?

Thanks in advance.

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
My husband is in the same situation and his permit is expiring in June. Any idea what to do? He has an ongoing job and everything in Toronto.

aman870

May 7, 2019
I think the best option would be to land in Toronto through a hault on the way. As your husband is a PGWP holder, he might also have the chance to apply for PR in the 6th May stream as well.

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
he tried that. It's not as easy as they say. He will have to stay quarantined in some place for 14 days and even then the high commision does not allow everyone through. only direct flights from there alowed. all this only for indians btw. He tried going through nepal with a rt pcr.
We have already applied for PR. Our AOR was Nov 1st 2019. No news on that yet. He has to apply for BOWP and he can't do that because he is stuck here.

Mansh01

Feb 17, 2021
he tried that. It's not as easy as they say. He will have to stay quarantined in some place for 14 days and even then the high commision does not allow everyone through. only direct flights from there alowed. all this only for indians btw. He tried going through nepal with a rt pcr.
We have already applied for PR. Our AOR was Nov 1st 2019. No news on that yet. He has to apply for BOWP and he can't do that because he is stuck here.
My friend went via Ethiopia, and had no issues reaching Toronto!
What was the issue with Nepal though? I thought Nepal was an easy option !

Abhishek1991

Sep 7, 2020
I am in a similar situation. I have a work permit and need to reach by July 1st. Is it possible to travel via Mexico and take a test there? As per the mexican embassy site, any canada valid visa holders do not have to take a visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in a similar situation. I have a work permit and need to reach by July 1st. Is it possible to travel via Mexico and take a test there? As per the mexican embassy site, any canada valid visa holders do not have to take a visa
Provide the link as it is PR or citizens that don’t need a visa.

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
Hey everyone, How’s everything going?

my situation is worse!
I have a valid PGWP and I am stuck here, looking for ways out. One of my friend booked a ticket for 1,70,000 on way with two days hault in doha and 5 hours hault in Frankfurt.
thats very expensive and I don’t think i have enough savings to cover that.
Please suggest me your ideas!
And also I have a valid US visitor visa, but the problem is I haven’t had my vaccinations yet, because Covishield isn’t available in canada.

Please suggest!!