+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any body going to University of Calgary

simranjitkainth

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Hi Mayank

Your profile is good......

For MS the good universities require GMAT(if you are going for masters.....)

You can try Schullich School of Engineering (Univ of Calgary) or the Engg School of Univ of British Columbia.....They are quire famous but costly as welll...

You can try Ryerson or University of Windsor if you want to shell out less money.....

Regarding scholar it depends upon the univ/college you are applying to and the other applicant's profile....

Most colleges does not offer any scholar

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Thanks Simran,

I wont be able to spend voluminous amount of money.

Do u recommend 2 year of PG Diploma in IT for me ?

I can apply only to low Budget and reputed Universities ( not expensive ones )

It would be better if u can provide list of some Universities which are not that much expensive, Scholarship chances are there so that I can dig in further for IT related courses there.

simranjitkainth

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Go for certificate courses then....it would be difficult for you in universities as on an average a universities fees is around 20-25000$ and you have to add one years living expenses and tuicket cost while showing funds so a minimum of 30-40000$ is required in universities......

There are enoght colleges coming under SPP in Ontarion region....choose the course that suites you best

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Thanks Simran

This Univ fees of 20-25 k $ is for 1 or 2 year ??

and at the time of Visa, How much I have to show if I am applying for Unversitiy.

Entire tuition fess for 2 years + 1 year Living Cost ? Correct me if I am wrong

simranjitkainth

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
20-25k is for 2 years

At the time of VISa you have to show one year tuition (appprox 10-12k) +a year living expense (10000$)+ money for return ticket (2-3k)...

This is the minimum....to secure a visa you should have above mentioned amount + another 8-10K in liquid cash (means savings account+loan+FD)

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Ok, so I will search for good SPP Community colleges as well.

Is it wise decision to change the course to Business related once I land there , after approving the Visa for IT related course

OR

Should I continue study in IT related course, I mean I have work Exp for 2.5 year in IT domain but I am not sure whether Job Prospects are good for IT students or Business courses ( PG Diploma )

simranjitkainth

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
If you are applying in SPP college....write a stong SOP if you are changing your stream to Management.....

Management have greater prospects in whole CANADA whereas IT is more prevalent in Ontario and Saskatchewan province....

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@Simran

I have not received the exact reply of my query. Thanks for your inputs but still, I am asking a suggestion from you whether to pursue IT related course or Business ones after 2.5 year of Exp in IT ( Sales and Distribution : Testing ) knowledge.

For that there are following options :

1> Getting approved my Visa for IT course and then change to different one ( which I think might be complex and tedious )

2> Go for IT course through out

3>Go for Business related PG Diploma of 2 year through out

Please suggest one as per my profile and future prospects