+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Bengali in Winnipeg Manitoba

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
Dear all of my friend I am looking a room for accommodation in Winnipeg Manitoba
Any one knows how much rent and all expenses would be
If any Bengali member of this forum pls give me some idea

Thanks

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Y u Bengalis are alwayz sticked to ur community only.... i have seen the same attitude here in India as well and you are landing up in any foreign country n there also u want to have room mate who should be bengali....gr8

All the best dude... :)

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
mayank_6 said:
Y u Bengalis are alwayz sticked to ur community only.... i have seen the same attitude here in India as well and you are landing up in any foreign country n there also u want to have room mate who should be bengali....gr8

All the best dude... :)
bro according to me this attitude is right in many ways.
Because it reduces our level of adjesment like i m sikh and for me living with non-veg and smoking room mate will be tought . And other by living with our community make our like bit easy. And according to me thats the right way. And this will also help to make over native language alive . Living with other community will surely make us like v r living in jail.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
U did nt the key point here...dats wat my suggestion was to make u guys come out of ur comfort zone. Ur native language would be alive in many different ways like participating in extra co-curricular activities where u can represent ur traditions culture on the bigger platform in the form of dancing, singing and many more....

You might need to re-define the last line of yours :) living with different genre of people from diversified background would give u a required edge in terms of inter networking skills ...

Well every1 has diff perspective and dat was mine so >> Peace !!!!

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
Ok I make it clear i not very good in english that's why I said if I found some one who speaks my language then it would be easy for me to talk with them

Thanks

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@Sumonaney

Believe me buddy...you are good at English and you have to keep faith in urself as you have already boarded ur journey for Higher studies and that too in Canada so you will go thru it and you have to ....

Rather than pondering over these trivial issues , get urself acquainted with the skills you need to inject inside you....

Let me knw if I could be any help to you ....

ALL THE BEST !

Oct 17, 2012
sandhuboy said:
bro according to me this attitude is right in many ways.
Because it reduces our level of adjesment like i m sikh and for me living with non-veg and smoking room mate will be tought . And other by living with our community make our like bit easy. And according to me thats the right way. And this will also help to make over native language alive . Living with other community will surely make us like v r living in jail.

this attitude only helps people who assume everybody else is bad, i am indian , i smoke and eat non veg. i am punjabi too. but how does it effect you if i smoke or drink? i will not ask you to smoke or drink or eat chicken. mitra dukan te chicken milda ae eda matlb ae thodi hai tussi khao. nobody smokes inside the house . plus NO religion tells you to not live with a smoker or non veg eater.

Sugar is made using animal charcoal, jains dont eat onions . I dont tell them to eat it. but that doesnt mean u stop living with them. u r living in a country of white ppl. they cud hv refused ur visa because u dont eat non veg or u wnt to live with indians. if u wanted to live with indians , live in INDIA. India has many indians

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
My friend she is Sikh just went recently, She lives with a Polish family, rented their basement. They are as normal as any Indian. Ironically, she faced more problem with an Indian landlord...

Same goes for my brother, We are from Bangladesh, but he prefers to live there with mixed communities and get cultural experience.

Bangladeshi, Indian with Canadian passport feels their are superior in human race...

tiger007

Champion Member
rehabc said:
Bangladeshi, Indian with Canadian passport feels their are superior in human race...
+1

(I'm sure... this attitude, in general can be seen within All South Asian communities... not just Bangladeshis and Indians)

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
tiger007 said:
+1

(I'm sure... this attitude, in general can be seen within All South Asian communities... not just Bangladeshis and Indians)

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
rehabc said:
My friend she is Sikh just went recently, She lives with a Polish family, rented their basement. They are as normal as any Indian. Ironically, she faced more problem with an Indian landlord...

Same goes for my brother, We are from Bangladesh, but he prefers to live there with mixed communities and get cultural experience.

[
mayank_6 said:
@ Sumonaney

Believe me buddy...you are good at English and you have to keep faith in urself as you have already boarded ur journey for Higher studies and that too in Canada so you will go thru it and you have to ....

Rather than pondering over these trivial issues , get urself acquainted with the skills you need to inject inside you....

Let me knw if I could be any help to you ....

ALL THE BEST !
/quote]
may be i m different ........... it is my point of view .................. :) ;) :D ;D :mad: :( :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rehabc said:
LoL

Like the entire human race? Then, I'm looking forward to it. In a year, I will be eligible for citizenship :D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Sumonaney said:
Ok I make it clear i not very good in english that's why I said if I found some one who speaks my language then it would be easy for me to talk with them

Thanks
A friend of mine is from there. He is more into extra-curricular activities, president of some student society and a good cook. I will PM you when I find his contact details.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's my 2 cents...

For someone new to the country and who does not know anyone there, its human nature to stick to your kind, those who speak the same language and all... the reason for the ethnic communities in BC and Ontario (punjabi's in Surrey, Chinese in Richmond etc).

However, i also feel that staying long term in such arrangements may do more harm than good in the long run. Here's how:

1. You will not assimilate into the canadian "culture" that easy
2. You may catch on to the beliefs of those in the same community (however dumb the beliefs may be)
3. You will speak english with an Indian "Accent"... trust me
4. Your networking will be limited to those in the same community
5. you will tend to segregate yourself from others and prefer to live, work, socialize with your own
6. You may end up making nonsense decisions because it makes sense to those in your community

For e.g. i know a punjabi guy who lived in surrey, went to school to get a degree, got PGWP, and then PR and instead of utilizing his canadian education, he drives a truck because punjabi way of thinking in canada is to make as much money as possible right from the get go so why waste time investing into a career.

Also, you never lose your culture or your native language, regardless of how many years you spend here. But what socializing with other cultures does is makes you aware of your own beliefs and principles and gives you the opportunity to take the best from everything and discard the junk. Besides, the survival of your native language and culture will depend on what you teach your kids since its on them to keep it or lose it.

My opinion.... while its good in its own way to stay with your own kind (home away from home kind of feeling), it will do you wonders hanging out with canadian folks. Your english improves, more networking, meaningful job opportunities etc.

It's funny how we cant wait to get out of India and blast everything indian and once we get here, we go look for everything Indian. I personally know people who have lived here for 15+ years and are so old school, they resent everything white. They dont socialize with white canadians, dont eat their food, consider everything indian superior to everything canadian... all this while living in "their" country that gave them an opportunity to have a decent life.

tiger007

Champion Member
just_do_it said:
Here's my 2 cents...

For someone new to the country and who does not know anyone there, its human nature to stick to your kind, those who speak the same language and all... the reason for the ethnic communities in BC and Ontario (punjabi's in Surrey, Chinese in Richmond etc).

However, i also feel that staying long term in such arrangements may do more harm than good in the long run. Here's how:

1. You will not assimilate into the canadian "culture" that easy
2. You may catch on to the beliefs of those in the same community (however dumb the beliefs may be)
3. You will speak english with an Indian "Accent"... trust me
4. Your networking will be limited to those in the same community
5. you will tend to segregate yourself from others and prefer to live, work, socialize with your own
6. You may end up making nonsense decisions because it makes sense to those in your community

For e.g. i know a punjabi guy who lived in surrey, went to school to get a degree, got PGWP, and then PR and instead of utilizing his canadian education, he drives a truck because punjabi way of thinking in canada is to make as much money as possible right from the get go so why waste time investing into a career.

Also, you never lose your culture or your native language, regardless of how many years you spend here. But what socializing with other cultures does is makes you aware of your own beliefs and principles and gives you the opportunity to take the best from everything and discard the junk. Besides, the survival of your native language and culture will depend on what you teach your kids since its on them to keep it or lose it.

My opinion.... while its good in its own way to stay with your own kind (home away from home kind of feeling), it will do you wonders hanging out with canadian folks. Your english improves, more networking, meaningful job opportunities etc.

It's funny how we cant wait to get out of India and blast everything indian and once we get here, we go look for everything Indian. I personally know people who have lived here for 15+ years and are so old school, they resent everything white. They dont socialize with white canadians, dont eat their food, consider everything indian superior to everything canadian... all this while living in "their" country that gave them an opportunity to have a decent life.
+1

Very well said. I agree.

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
I have applied for MSc. Statistics at UoM for Fall 2013, will be looking for accommodation too if I get the admission.... Anyone there who may help?