+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any applied for the permission to travel?

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Tried applying for my daughter for the authorto travel by webform but no response after the "aor" processing time two weeks but its been a month

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tried applying for my daughter for the authorto travel by webform but no response after the "aor" processing time two weeks but its been a month
Unfortunately it's sometimes taking over a month to hear back (sometimes even a few months).

What is your status in Canada? Are you a PR or do you have temporary status? Is your daughter a minor?

Reactions: kikstaroxy

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
My status is maintained. Yes she's a minor. Traveling for reunification. I called ircc they said 21 days, even though the email said two weeks. I was supposed to call them yesterday to submit an inquiry. Will call tomorrow

WandaWits

Mar 5, 2021
may i know the email add for the request? I plan to request for family reunification for my children. does your daughter have a TRV and will be studying in Canada? I'm not sure if I need to submit proof of funds together with my request too. I am an international student here in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
may i know the email add for the request? I plan to request for family reunification for my children. does your daughter have a TRV and will be studying in Canada? I'm not sure if I need to submit proof of funds together with my request too. I am an international student here in Canada.
Yes you should provide proof of funds. You will need to show that you have the extra funds to provide housing, childcare, etc. for your children in addition to your tuition and your own costs.

Reactions: WandaWits

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My status is maintained. Yes she's a minor. Traveling for reunification. I called ircc they said 21 days, even though the email said two weeks. I was supposed to call them yesterday to submit an inquiry. Will call tomorrow
There is no point submitting an inquiry. The response will just be that there are delays and be patient.

Reactions: kikstaroxy

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
its a webform
Not sure what they are submitting then. Have you received AOR?
for the request? Yes

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
If you have received AOR still not sure what you are asking about. Processing takes time it doesn't mean your application is lost.
Update, it did get "lost" heheheh it couldn't be located in the system even tho i got the automatic aor. So i called and spoke to the rep on Wednesday afternoon. I almost swear it was the same lady. Anyhow she apologized alot and sent the inquiry. The processing office reached out directly early yesterday morning and asked me to resend the documents and info i sent before to the email they contacted me with. Hope to hear good news today or very soon. Note, the automated email says 14 biz days, but the actual processing is 21 biz days.

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hi, which number did you call to follow up? Did you write an email or just filled out the webform to request for authorization? I sent an email and waiting for the 14th day.
I called the regular number. The timeline is 21 business days. 3 weeks. However this was my 5th week waiting.

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Fil
Hi, which number did you call to follow up? Did you write an email or just filled out the webform to request for authorization? I sent an email and waiting for the 14th day.
I initially used the webform however if you read above you'll see i outlined the process. Ircc agent send an internal inquiry and the office then contacted me by email and asked me to respond by email.
This process can only be done if you have passed 3 weeks or 21 business days.