29-07-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
Boviesam said:
Hi gsantosjr

Are those two different approaches?

I mean an immigration consulant hired by me for assisting my employer would do the same thing what a consultant hired directly by my employer would do.

Please advise what you did for your case?
Hi,

I understand there are two different processes:

* Applying for Permanent Residence - that would be for you and your family.
* Applying for a LMIA - that would be for your employer.

I had no influence on my employer's process, but I can say they did not hire a representative (advisor).
I wish they had done it, however, because they got a LMIA for Permanent Residence only, while they could have got one for both Permanent Residence and a Work Permit. It would have made things easier. But of course I was pretty happy with the one they got anyway.

As for me and my family, I hired an immigration advice company, and I can say they were fundamental to my process.
They gave me the basics and guided us through the whole process. I strongly suggest that everyone should get one, if they can pay for it (definitely not cheap).

But it is my understanding that my employer did not hire anyone and went by themselves in the process.

I would recommend, if you have a good and open relationship with your employer, that you suggest him to hire an advisor to get the LMIA.
Maybe it could be the same office as you hired for your process?

They are going to spend money with advertising anyway, so maybe it would not be a big deal for them.