+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any advice pls.. i sponsored my spouse and he abandoned me after 9 months...

ac07

Aug 14, 2016
okay so i got married in the philippines last sept of 2013, i sponsor my now exhusband to canada, he arrived here dec of 2015. one day from from he sent me a message saying goodbye for no reason. i rushed home to find that he already had a flight back to philippines and after few weeks i followed him and ask whats going on but to my surprise, his whole family and him doesnt even have the guts to tell me whats going on, i did all the begging and stuff but non of them talked to me or whatever, he abandoned me for no reason. i went back home and after few months i heard that he went to dubai to visit his friends and i heard that he has a plan of coming back here, so after few months of grieving that i almost loose my self. I called the immigration about it since his under the new law of conditional residency which we have to stay togther for 2 years before he can get his permanent residence, once i found out that he has plan on coming back here without me knowing about it, i called the immigration to let them know that im cancelling his permanent residence, they asked me to call the boarder police of whatever they called it, and i told them the situation and they asked me to make a letter stating that im cancelling the PR card and i dint have anymore plans on sponsoring him in the future. I did that so he cant come back in canada. with all this stuffs, my main concern is,, we are married in philippines and we only live together for not even a year. i dont know where he is at all, non of his family is talking to me, i dont know why, do i still have to file for a divorce? because i dont know where to find him... do is till need divorce even though we are marriedn in the philippines and only stayed together for 9 months? i really need some advice regarding this because this sept will be a year after he abandoned me, and i dont know whether to file a divorce or what... i message one of his friend regarding the divorce issue and heard that he doesnt want to file a divorce because he doesnt have money for it, should i pay for it? please advise. thank you! do i still need a divorce or what... please please advice me.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
ac07 said:
okay so i got married in the philippines last sept of 2013, i sponsor my now exhusband to canada, he arrived here dec of 2015. one day from from he sent me a message saying goodbye for no reason. i rushed home to find that he already had a flight back to philippines and after few weeks i followed him and ask whats going on but to my surprise, his whole family and him doesnt even have the guts to tell me whats going on, i did all the begging and stuff but non of them talked to me or whatever, he abandoned me for no reason. i went back home and after few months i heard that he went to dubai to visit his friends and i heard that he has a plan of coming back here, so after few months of grieving that i almost loose my self. I called the immigration about it since his under the new law of conditional residency which we have to stay togther for 2 years before he can get his permanent residence, once i found out that he has plan on coming back here without me knowing about it, i called the immigration to let them know that im cancelling his permanent residence, they asked me to call the boarder police of whatever they called it, and i told them the situation and they asked me to make a letter stating that im cancelling the PR card and i dint have anymore plans on sponsoring him in the future. I did that so he cant come back in canada. with all this stuffs, my main concern is,, we are married in philippines and we only live together for not even a year. i dont know where he is at all, non of his family is talking to me, i dont know why, do i still have to file for a divorce? because i dont know where to find him... do is till need divorce even though we are marriedn in the philippines and only stayed together for 9 months? i really need some advice regarding this because this sept will be a year after he abandoned me, and i dont know whether to file a divorce or what... i message one of his friend regarding the divorce issue and heard that he doesnt want to file a divorce because he doesnt have money for it, should i pay for it? please advise. thank you! do i still need a divorce or what... please please advice me.
Sorry about your situation .

If you plan to remarry, you will need to file for divorce.

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
u can divorce him only if you want to remarry... and yah his PR will be cancelled and u don't need to worry about it... if r planning to stay with your new partner in future u can always stay common law or talk to your lawyer.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ac07 said:
OK, here is some bad news for you. Sorry. You can't "cancel his permanent residence". Only IRCC can start that process and it's not automatic. He will have an opportunity to appeal this. Until this happens, there is nothing that you can do apart from starting the divorce. If he does return to Canada and claim welfare, you are still under the sponsorship obligation until and if IRCC revoke his PR status. At the moment, he is still a permanent resident and has a legal right to return to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ac07 said:
they asked me to make a letter stating that im cancelling the PR card and i dint have anymore plans on sponsoring him in the future. I did that so he cant come back in canada.

do is till need divorce even though we are marriedn in the philippines and only stayed together for 9 months?
As said above by zardoz, you didn't cancel his PR crd. You informed IRCC about the relationship breakdown. They will investigate and decide whether to revoke his PR status. This will most likely take some time, so he will be able to return to Canada while he is still a PR.

It doesn't matter where or for how long you were married; if you don't want to be married to him, you need to file for divorce.

chefkphotos

Jan 18, 2016
there's no divorce in the Philippines. You can file for annullment which is very costly and troublesome because your husband is no where to be found.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chefkphotos said:
there's no divorce in the Philippines. You can file for annullment which is very costly and troublesome because your husband is no where to be found.
OP lives in Canada and therefore can apply for divorce here. Though it won't be recognized in the Philippines, it will be legally recognized by the rest of the world.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
ac07 said:
I'm sorry about your ur experience but to be honest I strongly believe you are not telling the truth.. No man will wake up and just run away without a reason. Judging by ur Hastyness to have written to IRCC to cancel his PR card shows u are not a good person too.. I'm sorry for using such words.. From ur story,it's obvious the marriage has broken down completely and the only thing u can do now is to file for divorce in Canada. Mind u,it will be difficult to sponsor another man again if that is ur plan.. Goodluck

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
hyper said:
I'm sorry about your ur experience but to be honest I strongly believe you are not telling the truth.. No man will wake up and just run away without a reason.
hey settle down.

maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. OP didn't come here asking us to judge. just answer her question and move on.

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
flx2015 said:
hey settle down.

maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. OP didn't come here asking us to judge. just answer her question and move on.

Agreed flx2015! +1

CanaHn

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Omg, Im really sorry, this is really sad. In other forums two girls experiment the same thing, they husbands only use them for runaway from theirs countries and move on to europe. Its really sad too for the people who really want to be with his/her love in canada and they still waiting.
You dont deserve this, the CIC have to investigate, divorce is the option.

Call CIC and consult a lawyer. I Hope the people in this forum help you! (Im new here)
Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You should get a divorce. You can't divorce in the Philippines, of course, but since you are living in Canada you can get a divorce here. You could try to get the marriage annulled as well, but I would only bother doing so if you hope to marry in the Philippines again.

I also suggest going to a good family lawyer.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
I'm so sorry,dear .....its heart breaking..... This is where entering Canada is had for good people because bad people have spoiled the road....I'm so sorry... The guy don't deserved to live in Canada,,, do everything you can to cancelled his permanent residents please.... I hate cheating and injustice

ALMALL

Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
8-2-2016
Med's Request
2-2-2016 received
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2016 on transit
Just an opinion...

You said he message you a goodbye. You can print it and make a formal letter for the cic about what is happening. And about divorce you can just file here in Canada. You can go straight to family court and file for divorce its cheaper than having a lawyer. Just present your evidence of his messages, and when he left you. Dont think first about the person you will marry incase you have someone, just start the process of divorce and in 10 yrs you can start sponsoring someone again. Goodluck and sorry about your situation.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Dear OP,

I am sorry for what happened to you. Here's my advice and hopefully it will help you narrow down what has to be done, priority wise.

1. You can't just call CIC/CBSA or any government office and ask them to cancel someone's PR status. Ask them what's the procedure to cancel someone's PR status that was applied thru your sponsorship. It will take time so gather as much evidence as you can - your messages to his friends/family, messages to him, and all.

2. I hope you don't mind but if you have "new" guy in the Philippines, go for annulment because that's your only way to get married again in Philippines. This is costly and takes a lot of time. Now, if you don't plan to marry again in the Philippines, don't prioritize this for now. It is just a waste of time and money. Otherwise, you can file for divorce in Canada.

For me, why are you focusing on divorce when the main goal here is for him not to be able to return to Canada? That is somehow contradicting to me.

Goodluck!