+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any advice for the General Writing Task 2?

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
Hi guys

Got a 6.5 writing during first time test(unprepared, other sections are good, L8, R8.5,W6.5,S7.5)
so I would like to prepare it a bit for the next tryout cuz I really need the 0.5 to get a boost for my CRS scores(483 right now, with a w7 I can get to 503)

My question is: Are there any 8-9 band sample writings I can look into? (especially those are not soley argument types, such as but not limited to problem/solving etc) Any websites or resources will be helpful.

My guess is that I am just not familiar with the IELTS style writing. I did GRE a long time ago so I am not unfamiliar with argument type writing but IELTS writing tasks feels somehow different.

BTW I took a TOEFL this month and get a 111/120, the writing part is 27/30 and speaking is actually the weakest part as 24/30. So I think the paper based test also gives me a bit disadvantage since I really don't have good looking handwriting and I cannot easily delete/ modify what I've written on paper.

I am writing a CELPIP G in 24th and a General IELTS in 25th this month, my working permit is expiring this Nov.30 and I am preparing for LSAT and law school as well. As you can see there is a lot of time pressure for me right now and I really would like to get over with the Language proficiency part as soon as possible. It really sucks that higher scores from other parts cannot compensate the weak part.

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
andrewhl said:
Hi guys

Got a 6.5 writing during first time test(unprepared, other sections are good, L8, R8.5,W6.5,S7.5)
so I would like to prepare it a bit for the next tryout cuz I really need the 0.5 to get a boost for my CRS scores(483 right now, with a w7 I can get to 503)

My question is: Are there any 8-9 band sample writings I can look into? (especially those are not soley argument types, such as but not limited to problem/solving etc) Any websites or resources will be helpful.

My guess is that I am just not familiar with the IELTS style writing. I did GRE a long time ago so I am not unfamiliar with argument type writing but IELTS writing tasks feels somehow different.

BTW I took a TOEFL this month and get a 111/120, the writing part is 27/30 and speaking is actually the weakest part as 24/30. So I think the paper based test also gives me a bit disadvantage since I really don't have good looking handwriting and I cannot easily delete/ modify what I've written on paper.

I am writing a CELPIP G in 24th and a General IELTS in 25th this month, my working permit is expiring this Nov.30 and I am preparing for LSAT and law school as well. As you can see there is a lot of time pressure for me right now and I really would like to get over with the Language proficiency part as soon as possible. It really sucks that higher scores from other parts cannot compensate the weak part.
http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-sample-essay/