+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anwsering wrong information on the application.Please help

Vincent8058

May 23, 2019
Hi everyone

I just sent the application citizenship 3 days ago. However I think I did anwser wrong on 1 question

On question 14 asking information about my passport.
My citizen is Vietnamese
My current vietnamese passport was issued in Ottawa

In the form I put place of issued : Ottawa
But I put Country of issued : Canada . Because I just think it was issued in Canada , thats why I wrote Canada. But I search the information and I know I have to put Vietnam the country of my citizenship.

Now I dont receive any information from IRCC yet.

I was so worry now, will they charge me missrepresentation ?
Will they charge with a crime or even take away my status of PR?

What can I do now to contact to them to explain my mistake and correct the information on my application?

Anyone can help me
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone

I just sent the application citizenship 3 days ago. However I think I did anwser wrong on 1 question

My citizen is Vietnamese

But I put Country of issued : Canada . Because I just think it was issued in Canada , thats why I wrote Canada. But I search the information and I know I have to put Vietnam the country of my citizenship.

What can I do now to contact to them to explain my mistake and correct the information on my application?

Anyone can help me
Thanks
It isn't misrepresentation and nothing will happen except that they may return your app. I doubt even that will happen, as it is a simple mistake.

Reactions: Vincent8058

Vincent8058

May 23, 2019
It isn't misrepresentation and nothing will happen except that they may return your app. I doubt even that will happen, as it is a simple mistake.
Thanks for your advise
So do I have to send IRCC the letter by mail to explain the mistake?
Or now I just wait for them.
I was so worry
Thanks for any helps

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your advise
So do I have to send IRCC the letter by mail to explain the mistake?
Or now I just wait for them.
I was so worry
Thanks for any helps
Don't do anything. Either they will continue to process the app or return it. As I said, I seriously doubt it will even be returned for this, as it is a simple mistake.

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Just to be clear - What do you see in the field "Issuing Authority" of your passport Bio Page?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
At worst, they will return the app and you may have to resubmit; but I read of a few cases here where the officer calls the applicant to make a correction in the form (as long as it is not a consent checkbox). Anyway, they have a copy of the Vietnamese passport and they can put two and two together, and it’s an honest mistake. In the end, nothing major, certainly not misrepresentation, as already mentioned.

Reactions: Vincent8058

kvijay_cbe

Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 08th 2016
I would say its should be Canada as its say Country or Territory of Issue , and the Place of Issue - Ottawa.
So Canada, Ottawa should make sense.

I am yet to submit my application , but just looking at what i had filled .

Anyone with the same scenario and have received citizenship or decision made .Can you please comment on what you had filled in .

Thanks
VJ

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I think you are all OK. As canuck said, you don't need to do anything now and wait for their acknowledgement.

All the best for February 2020/March 2020.

V.F.S

Oct 6, 2016
I would say its should be Canada as its say Country or Territory of Issue , and the Place of Issue - Ottawa.
So Canada, Ottawa should make sense.

I am yet to submit my application , but just looking at what i had filled .

Anyone with the same scenario and have received citizenship or decision made .Can you please comment on what you had filled in .

Thanks
VJ
I had same situation and wasn't sure what to write when I applied as well. I was checking my application now and I wrote:
Country or territory of Issue: Brazil
Place of Issue: Vancouver, Canada

I'm currently just waiting to get a date for the oath ceremony, my status is Decision Made and I had no problem whatsoever with my application.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

My citizen is Vietnamese

Anyone can help me
Thanks
I have done the exact same error on my application. I have already got my AOR and application is in process.

Also, called up IRCC and they had mentioned, just initiate a Web Form explaining this situation.

Vincent8058

May 23, 2019
I have done the exact same error on my application. I have already got my AOR and application is in process.

Also, called up IRCC and they had mentioned, just initiate a Web Form explaining this situation.
Hi Nshakelly

You said you did call IRRC to explain the error ?
So do I have to wait getting the AOR before calling them or using the web Form to explain this situation?
Can you explain for me please

Thanks so much