+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anti Money Laundering (AML) Analyst

Gannayev

Aug 15, 2018
Hi All,

For the last three years I have been working as an Anti-Money Laundering Analyst in a Polish branch of UK bank. I investigate potential financial crime alerts in the files of existing bank customers.

My responsibilities include conducting Due Diligence and risk assessment of corporate clients, in line with internal Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) policies and procedures based on corporate documents, public sources and intelligence database. Simply put, I collect and verify data of both new and existing customers, i.e. legal name, business activity, source of wealth, directors, shareholders, as well as completing screening client and the related parties against negative news and sanctions lists, in order to analyze if the bank can accept relationship with such client. In doing so, I need to satisfy requirements set out in the bank's AML procedures, regulatory and international standards (e.g. FATF recommendation, EU Money Laundering directives).

The job requires Master's Degree - I have Master's Degree in Philology, Translation for English and Russian languages, I had no prior banking and finance experience background.

The closest NOC which I have found were: 1221 Administrative Officers, 1111 Financial auditors and accountants and 1112 Financial and investment analysts. From the threads on the forum I noticed that 1114 Other financial officers was also recommended. I tried reaching out to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca, but the mailbox is not working.

Has anyone applied for Skilled Worker/Professional as AML Analyst? If yes, could you please advise which NOC have you chosen?

Also, is it posible to get a job as AML Analyst afterwards, e.g. in Toronto or is job transition/training required?

Toyox

Jun 10, 2019
Hi All,

For the last three years I have been working as an Anti-Money Laundering Analyst in a Polish branch of UK bank. I investigate potential financial crime alerts in the files of existing bank customers.

My responsibilities include conducting Due Diligence and risk assessment of corporate clients, in line with internal Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) policies and procedures based on corporate documents, public sources and intelligence database. Simply put, I collect and verify data of both new and existing customers, i.e. legal name, business activity, source of wealth, directors, shareholders, as well as completing screening client and the related parties against negative news and sanctions lists, in order to analyze if the bank can accept relationship with such client. In doing so, I need to satisfy requirements set out in the bank's AML procedures, regulatory and international standards (e.g. FATF recommendation, EU Money Laundering directives).

The job requires Master's Degree - I have Master's Degree in Philology, Translation for English and Russian languages, I had no prior banking and finance experience background.

The closest NOC which I have found were: 1221 Administrative Officers, 1111 Financial auditors and accountants and 1112 Financial and investment analysts. From the threads on the forum I noticed that 1114 Other financial officers was also recommended. I tried reaching out to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca, but the mailbox is not working.

Has anyone applied for Skilled Worker/Professional as AML Analyst? If yes, could you please advise which NOC have you chosen?

Also, is it posible to get a job as AML Analyst afterwards, e.g. in Toronto or is job transition/training required?
Any luck with the applicable NOC? I’m also an AML analyst.