+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Answer to "Where to submit passport in India post PPR if NDVO is not mentioned?"

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am writing this post in the hope that it will help people who are not sure about where to submit their passport post receiving a CoPR letter. This is useful when the letter mentions an address in Canada and not the country you are living in for passport submission for PR stamp, in my case, it is India.

Before I begin, here are the timelines for my application:

EE Profile Created: February 15, 2015
ITA Received: March 27, 2015 (6th Draw)
Application Submitted: April 21, 2015
CoPR/ PPR Letter received: July 10, 2015
Revised CoPR/ PPR Letter: August 5, 2015

Here are the steps I went through post receiving first PPR letter:

-----------------
In the first PPR letter, the address for submission was given as CPC-O, apparently, my file was being processed there. The letter also mentions that CPC-O will not send the passport out of North America and if an applicant lives in a different country than NA, they should write to CPC-O email ID. This letter did not have any submission validity or timelines.

I took the letter to VFS Global office in India, they are the authorized VAC for Canada in India, and because of absence of mention of NDVO or VFS global for Passport submission they did not accept the passport.

Then I wrote to CPC-O email mentioned in the letter, to which there was an auto acknowledgement and a couple of days later a generic reply came asking me to refer to CIC website for general queries OR fill the CPC-O “Web Form/ Case Enquiry Form” for technical queries. Once I filled that form, there was another auto generated acknowledgement that said that I should expect a reply in 30 business days.

In the meantime I had reached out to Delhi High Commission and they replied saying that I should seek a response from CPC- O, as NDVO is not authorized to take a decision on this. I also called VFS Global office and the call center agent informed me that I can go to VFS Global office and insist them to accept my passport with the invite letter and they should be able to process it.

I got another message update on 5th August with clear instructions to submit my Passport with Delhi High Commission via VFS Global. This letter had a submission timeline of 30 days. I went to VFS with the letter and it was accepted for further processing.

-------------------------------------

Also, it may help to check the Visa office selected in your application before submission, in case of India, it should be NDVO as per the list issued by CIC.

As far as my understanding goes, please do not send your passport overseas through a courier or with a relative/ friend as it is illegal and there are various consequences like Visa Absentia etc. that you may have to face.

All the best!

Reactions: venkatakishore

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015

vin948

Jan 27, 2015
Globaldesi said:
Hello Everyone,

I am writing this post in the hope that it will help people who are not sure about where to submit their passport post receiving a CoPR letter. This is useful when the letter mentions an address in Canada and not the country you are living in for passport submission for PR stamp, in my case, it is India.

-----------------
In the first PPR letter, the address for submission was given as CPC-O, apparently, my file was being processed there. The letter also mentions that CPC-O will not send the passport out of North America and if an applicant lives in a different country than NA, they should write to CPC-O email ID. This letter did not have any submission validity or timelines.

I took the letter to VFS Global office in India, they are the authorized VAC for Canada in India, and because of absence of mention of NDVO or VFS global for Passport submission they did not accept the passport.

Then I wrote to CPC-O email mentioned in the letter, to which there was an auto acknowledgement and a couple of days later a generic reply came asking me to refer to CIC website for general queries OR fill the CPC-O “Web Form/ Case Enquiry Form” for technical queries. Once I filled that form, there was another auto generated acknowledgement that said that I should expect a reply in 30 business days.

In the meantime I had reached out to Delhi High Commission and they replied saying that I should seek a response from CPC- O, as NDVO is not authorized to take a decision on this. I also called VFS Global office and the call center agent informed me that I can go to VFS Global office and insist them to accept my passport with the invite letter and they should be able to process it.

I got another message update on 5th August with clear instructions to submit my Passport with Delhi High Commission via VFS Global. This letter had a submission timeline of 30 days. I went to VFS with the letter and it was accepted for further processing.

Also, it may help to check the Visa office selected in your application before submission, in case of India, it should be NDVO as per the list issued by CIC.

As far as my understanding goes, please do not send your passport overseas through a courier or with a relative/ friend as it is illegal and there are various consequences like Visa Absentia etc. that you may have to face.

All the best!
Brillant, just the information I was hunting for. Thank you.

I'm in the same position as you. I received my PPR letter but it mentions passport submission for Canada & USA.

I have written an email the same day I got the PPR letter (Aug 15th) but no reply till date. What do you recommend?

Should I try submit the passport alongwith my PPR letter to VFS Mumbai, or should I wait for a reply to the email. The current PPR letter states that I need to take action within 30 days of receiving the letter.

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vin948 said:
Brillant, just the information I was hunting for. Thank you.

I'm in the same position as you. I received my PPR letter but it mentions passport submission for Canada & USA.

I have written an email the same day I got the PPR letter (Aug 15th) but no reply till date. What do you recommend?

Should I try submit the passport alongwith my PPR letter to VFS Mumbai, or should I wait for a reply to the email. The current PPR letter states that I need to take action within 30 days of receiving the letter.

Thanks in advance.
CIC will reply to your mail - they typically take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Try sending in a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) like the OP suggested ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

All the best!

vin948

Jan 27, 2015
Thank you. Will send a CSE tonight as well.
Appreciate the link, took me a while when I was looking for it.

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
HI Vin,

I had not checked this till now. Hope your problem was solved/ you got a revised PPR letter...Case Specific Enquiry should be done in any case whether VFS global accepts your letter or not.

tiger35

May 26, 2015
Hi I am in the same situation..I got my passport request and they told me to submit mypassport and my family's passport together to cpc Ottawa.but I just want to send my wife's and sons passport to India..can I get the email id or link to submit request for changing visa office.pls..thanks

Jul 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

-----------------

All the best!

Hi,

I am in the same situation now.I have received my PPR request on 25th july 2018 which says you have 3 options to send the passports,However the preferred option is to send it via nearest VAC center. And some suggestion links include VFS centers at (oman,qatar,dubai,kuwait), second option is to courier through aramex to canada embassy (abudhabi).I am currently receding in QATAR. Due to country political issues vfs qatar needs atleast 30 days to process this. But i have a scheduled business trip to india lasting for one month from august 15th to september 15th. My query here is being an indian national will i be able to submit these passports at VFS india centers.Will they accept my passports there? Do i need to waut for a reply from CIC to do that ?? I have already replied to CIC ottowa and raised a ircc webform request on my account as well. But the problem here is they need long processing time period (15 days).

Do all the embassies of canada hold the same info.I have applied on express entry online. If yes will they process my file at all canadian embassies ?

can some one shed some light on this issue (or) update me what to do if you have experienced the similar scenario.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Our case is a little different. Because, my parents got 2 emails right away, first one says submit them to CPC Ottawa. But they are in India now. It has my Canadian address.

Second letter that came within under a minute, has my Canadian address again, but mentioned to submit the PPR for my parents in VFS India or Nepal. Which makes no sense. Now I understand that people need to email CPC Mississauga or CPC Ottawa and advising them that we want NDVO or something closer to you if you are not in Canada or outside of Canada. In our case, we received both the emails immediately.

Does anyone have any idea what we should do. I certainly cannot send their Indian passport to Ottawa cuz we are all in India now. No one will be in my Canadian address to receive the passport back.

Should we ignore the first email and only go by the 2nd email that mentions VFS India, NDVO?? Please advise!!!