+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Annulment before Permanent Residence application??

solanah

Oct 2, 2007
Hi i would like to know the process for application of my Permanent Residence this coming December 2009. Because I already had my annulment. How can i change my last name? Do i need to change it before i apply my PR or after??what if I'm going to re-marry again before my PR application do i need to submit the Original Marriage Certificate or the National Statistics Office certified marriage certificate. SInce, the issuance of NSO Marriage certificate will take 4months in the PHILIPPINES.It will prolong only my application of Permanent Residence, if I'm going to wait for it?PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME?

@yourservice

Feb 16, 2009
I am not expert on this, but I think it is a matter of common sense:

1) It is your responsibility to provide changes to your status
2) First things first: change your status and get confirmation that it was changed
3) If you decide to get married before your apply for your PR, you go back to #1 and 2
4) You should have changed your marital status the minute you received your marriage annulment (both in your home country and Canada) and new marriage certificate
5) When you apply for your PR you should be using your current marital status
6) Complication to your application process will depend upon the immigration/citizenship of your new husband: is he/she a Canadian immigrant or citizen? If not, then you have to look into "sponsorship" and so on. . .