+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Annual Salary on Reference Letter

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys...on the checklist it states that on the Reference Letter it should list the annual salary of the position, my question is, the letter i got from HR, says that i am permanent full time with 35 hrs per week, salary of XXX biweekly

is it ok if it mentions biweekly salary instead of annual salary? or do i have to ask HR to change it?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
It looks fine, but it is anytime better if they mention annual salary.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
wenfeizh said:
Guys...on the checklist it states that on the Reference Letter it should list the annual salary of the position, my question is, the letter i got from HR, says that i am permanent full time with 35 hrs per week, salary of XXX biweekly

is it ok if it mentions biweekly salary instead of annual salary? or do i have to ask HR to change it?
If you have already submitted the letter, it is fine. Meanwhile, you can get an updated letter, in case they ask for one in the future.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's completely fine.

CIC aren't stupid. They can calculate your annual salary themselves.

One of my reference letters listed my monthly salary and it was accepted.

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
My reference letters didn't state that it was a permanent position but stated it was full time and the number of hours worked. Is that ok?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Yes that should be fine.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
wenfeizh said:

They will manage to calculate no worries :)

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Hi guys,

I have a question about salary: What's the best way to show the whole salary if the bonus was different every year for 4 years? Should my employer specify the amount of the bonus for every single year? Average?

Thanks!

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SergeSD said:
Hi guys,

I have a question about salary: What's the best way to show the whole salary if the bonus was different every year for 4 years? Should my employer specify the amount of the bonus for every single year? Average?

Thanks!
Jus have them list your fixed salary and the average bonus separately. That's what I did - worked perfectly.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Dexmoody said:
It's completely fine.

Hi,

I have the same query buddy, all my ex-employers have denied mentioning/stating my annual salary on the experience letters. All of them are big MNCs. They say they don't do it as a common company practice! When I insisted, they said you can submit a copy of your appointment letter which details your salary, bonuses etc. I am confused what should I do?

Also, I currently work for my fathers Pvt Ltd firm as a sales manager. Here, I'm paid via cash vouchers throughout. Will I face any issues in this regard. Of course , here the annual salary can be mentioned on the experience letter - will it be sufficient ?

Thanks bud

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
Hi,

I have the same query buddy, all my ex-employers have denied mentioning/stating my annual salary on the experience letters. All of them are big MNCs. They say they don't do it as a common company practice! When I insisted, they said you can submit a copy of your appointment letter which details your salary, bonuses etc. I am confused what should I do?

Also, I currently work for my fathers Pvt Ltd firm as a sales manager. Here, I'm paid via cash vouchers throughout. Will I face any issues in this regard. Of course , here the annual salary can be mentioned on the experience letter - will it be sufficient ?

Thanks bud
That is not the same query. You have a different situation because your company refuses to put the salary into the letter at all.

You should include:

- your offer letter with the salary
- tax statements and/or salary receipts
- an email from your company that proves they refuse to include the salary in the reference letter
- a letter of explanation in which you detail the situation

I don't know what cash vouchers are.

Raginne

Dec 21, 2022
It's completely fine.

Please my reference letter is listed monthly net salary would it be accepted or it has to be gross monthly salary