+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Announcement about employer specific work permits now allowed to submit inside Canada.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I am on implied status waiting for my owp to come however they just announced today that visitors in canada can apply for employer specific permits without having to leave the country. Since everything is taking an extended amount of time inland would this be a vialble option to get a job offer and try to secure two week processing in order to go to work sooner to help support my family?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am on implied status waiting for my owp to come however they just announced today that visitors in canada can apply for employer specific permits without having to leave the country. Since everything is taking an extended amount of time inland would this be a vialble option to get a job offer and try to secure two week processing in order to go to work sooner to help support my family?
This has nothing to do with your situation. You’re already in Canada waiting for your WP and aren’t needing to leave the country.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
This has nothing to do with your situation. You’re already in Canada waiting for your WP and aren’t needing to leave the country.
but this permit processing may speed up the ability to work? times are tough rn.

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......

I have an Outland Common-law application so I've been in Canada on a visitor record that ends late December which I'm hoping to extend.

I saw the update that you can get a Closed work permit as a visitor and would like to know if I can do that, does it need LMIA? Any tips on the process? I'm unsure of it all; don't want to risk my PR Application.

Reactions: Shn05

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I have an Outland Common-law application so I've been in Canada on a visitor record that ends late December which I'm hoping to extend.

I saw the update that you can get a Closed work permit as a visitor and would like to know if I can do that, does it need LMIA? Any tips on the process? I'm unsure of it all; don't want to risk my PR Application.
Needs both a job offer and an LMIA unless an LMIA exempt job

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/08/new-temporary-public-policy-will-allow-visitors-to-apply-for-a-work-permit-without-having-to-leave-canada.html

Reactions: Caly

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018

My friend has the same case as you.

Reactions: Caly