+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara - Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Applications

befa42

Jun 17, 2013
I would like to share my MARATHON of sponsorship and ask for some input from anybody had the same issue with their designated medical doctors(PP).

I filed a sponsorship for my parents and disable brother in 2005, in 2008 they went for medical tests and eventually in 2010 the file rejected because of my brother medical inadmissibility.

I just want to put some info on the designated doctor highlight his manner during the tests, we found his name him just randomly on the list of the doctors in Tehran, on the first session of visit he simply asked my parents not to waste their time for doing the tests since this file would be rejected finally by visa office, actually he was arguing with my parents in the exam room but at the end he apparently accepted to proceed the exams( we now regret why to insist him to do the test and not going to the other doctor). His arrogant manner during visits made us sure that he was upset of our confident that the file would not be rejected( later we were sure that he was a big factor in our lengthily process). long story short, he was so indifferent and intentionally slow to send the results to the medical office in Paris to the point that it took 3 years to complete the medical tests( it was very surprising to us that he kept insisting on his points to show that he was right !!!).

We appealed in 2010 and in 2013 Immigration appeal Division allowed appeal both in law and under humanitarian ground, following appeal we received medical forms and my parents and disable brother went for medical test.

Because of the doctor's history we were very carful not to go to him again, but unfortunately the doctor we visited this time referred us to him again, we naively went to the same doctor and surprisingly we found him extremely upset of the appeal result since he kept repeating that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to accept my disable brother in the appeal, eventually he reluctantly sent the results in August, in September we received additional test for my father so he quickly did the tests, one month later we received letter for additional test for my disable brother and he also did the tests on time. During the whole visits my parents had a very hard time with him( I am not to write more about his behavior so you understand that if the doctor has an objection there would be many many unfair ways to make you mad and put your file on a long delay).

Because of our horrible experience with this doctor, I always tracked the date of mailing results ( or as he mentioned the date of submissions electronically).
I recently contacted his office and asked for the sending date of the last additional test, again I found the date of submission a month after our visit( again it is not clear that how come he had one month delay to send the results which were completely ready to be sent), besides that he surprisingly informed us that the medical office asked for MORE ADDITIONAL TEST for my father( he claimed that he just found the request and there is no date on this request- let me clarify one more time that the visa office sent us an email in September and requested additional test for my father and since then we have not received any email from visa office, I explained the situation to the doctor and reminded him that my father did the additional test(cardio and nephrologist), my assumption is he did not send my father's test in Sep that is why he still sees the requests.

Any ways, we still have not received any request from the visa office in order to do additional test for my father but the doctor insists that he received it and ask us to do the previous tests again.

Now my questions, is there any way to find out if the doctor has sent the results on time and not doing those tests because of his mistake to send results on time.
are we able change the doctor for the possible future tests.
Thanks

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Befa42,

Although I have not applied under the parent and grandparent family class, I suggest the following.

Contact the Ankara visa office using this form:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ankara

State your question very clearly and in a short manner. Example: I am inquiring whether or not the medical results have been received and attached to the file.
You may wish to very briefly explain there were problems with the doctor and you are unsure of his reliability so you need to verify the facts with them.

Second, I would suggest for any further testing to see another doctor if your family can (and it is allowed). Canada currently accepts the following panel physicians:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2005&CountryName=Iran

This list is up-to-date as of January 2014.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. Good luck!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
befa42 said:
I would like to share my MARATHON of sponsorship and ask for some input from anybody had the same issue with their designated medical doctors(PP).

I filed a sponsorship for my parents and disable brother in 2005, in 2008 they went for medical tests and eventually in 2010 the file rejected because of my brother medical inadmissibility.

I just want to put some info on the designated doctor highlight his manner during the tests, we found his name him just randomly on the list of the doctors in Tehran, on the first session of visit he simply asked my parents not to waste their time for doing the tests since this file would be rejected finally by visa office, actually he was arguing with my parents in the exam room but at the end he apparently accepted to proceed the exams( we now regret why to insist him to do the test and not going to the other doctor). His arrogant manner during visits made us sure that he was upset of our confident that the file would not be rejected( later we were sure that he was a big factor in our lengthily process). long story short, he was so indifferent and intentionally slow to send the results to the medical office in Paris to the point that it took 3 years to complete the medical tests( it was very surprising to us that he kept insisting on his points to show that he was right !!!).

We appealed in 2010 and in 2013 Immigration appeal Division allowed appeal both in law and under humanitarian ground, following appeal we received medical forms and my parents and disable brother went for medical test.

Because of the doctor's history we were very carful not to go to him again, but unfortunately the doctor we visited this time referred us to him again, we naively went to the same doctor and surprisingly we found him extremely upset of the appeal result since he kept repeating that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to accept my disable brother in the appeal, eventually he reluctantly sent the results in August, in September we received additional test for my father so he quickly did the tests, one month later we received letter for additional test for my disable brother and he also did the tests on time. During the whole visits my parents had a very hard time with him( I am not to write more about his behavior so you understand that if the doctor has an objection there would be many many unfair ways to make you mad and put your file on a long delay).

Because of our horrible experience with this doctor, I always tracked the date of mailing results ( or as he mentioned the date of submissions electronically).
I recently contacted his office and asked for the sending date of the last additional test, again I found the date of submission a month after our visit( again it is not clear that how come he had one month delay to send the results which were completely ready to be sent), besides that he surprisingly informed us that the medical office asked for MORE ADDITIONAL TEST for my father( he claimed that he just found the request and there is no date on this request- let me clarify one more time that the visa office sent us an email in September and requested additional test for my father and since then we have not received any email from visa office, I explained the situation to the doctor and reminded him that my father did the additional test(cardio and nephrologist), my assumption is he did not send my father's test in Sep that is why he still sees the requests.

Any ways, we still have not received any request from the visa office in order to do additional test for my father but the doctor insists that he received it and ask us to do the previous tests again.

Now my questions, is there any way to find out if the doctor has sent the results on time and not doing those tests because of his mistake to send results on time.
are we able change the doctor for the possible future tests.
Thanks
Keep ordering GCMS notes which will tell if meds were recieved

See my sig for help, I mean keep ordering it - I did every 15 days

befa42

Jun 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind replies, also I would like to know if we are able to contact medical office in Paris directly and inquire about the medical results( I mean if medical office has received medical tests results from the PP and if so when?).

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
Spons said:
After close to three months of medical tests, the online status changed to medical received today.
Congrats, Spons ! This is very good news !

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
Documents sent on Feb 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Thanks Sponsorazaer. Step by step progress. It is getting close to six years now.

sponsorazer said:
Congrats, Spons ! This is very good news !

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Spons said:
Thanks Sponsorazaer. Step by step progress. It is getting close to six years now.
yeah, you're right.It's been 5 and half years to be exact, that's ridiculous.

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
fae said:
yeah, you're right.It's been 5 and half years to be exact, that's ridiculous.
I am on 7th year already... :(

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Has anyone heard about a recent PP request? Many of us in this forum have finished medical and are waiting for the next step. There has been no update in the Ankara forum since December.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Alifka said:
I think somewhere on the Ankara's embasy website it says that they do NOT mail out passports to Canada. They have a list of the specific countries where they mail out documents, otherwise in person or somehow else.
They do send the passports to Canada, if the applicant includes a prepaid envelope.

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Spons said:
Has anyone heard about a recent PP request? Many of us in this forum have finished medical and are waiting for the next step. There has been no update in the Ankara forum since December.
Mine has been almost 2 months now, that's very concerning :(

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
fae said:
Mine has been almost 2 months now, that's very concerning :(
Does this spreadsheet apply to us as well?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As9AzYZMOIQPdHJqUWRkYUJWaElSalJINUJ1TlBUZkE#gid=2

On average, it takes 10 months after medical to get visas. This spreadsheet is prepared for spouse sponsorship through Ankara Office.

Getin

Dec 9, 2013
Spons said:
Hi,
My parents got the Passport request 4 months after their medical, last week. I think the backlog should be cleared soon. if you are seeing usual delays, contact them. in my case there was an error in their records which I found only thru GCMS reports, and once I notified them, the rest was quick.

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Congratulations Getin. Great news!
I have to order GCMS notes again to figure out what is going on. It has already been three months after my parents did their medical. The problem is that I have to wait another month before figuring out what is wrong. Thanks for your advice.

Getin said:
Hi,
My parents got the Passport request 4 months after their medical, last week. I think the backlog should be cleared soon. if you are seeing usual delays, contact them. in my case there was an error in their records which I found only thru GCMS reports, and once I notified them, the rest was quick.