+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara - Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Applications

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Hi Everyone;
My status changed to MEDICAL RECEIVED.
How long does it take to get a Passport request?

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
fae said:
Hi Everyone;
My status changed to MEDICAL RECEIVED.
How long does it take to get a Passport request?
Congrats, fae ! Was the status changed from "In-process" to "Decision made" as well ? Per previous posts it could take 4 weeks. It also depends, I think, if the security background check has been completed...

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
sponsorazer said:
Congrats, fae ! Was the status changed from "In-process" to "Decision made" as well ? Per previous posts it could take 4 weeks. It also depends, I think, if the security background check has been completed...
Thanks.
It's not changed to decision made yet but the background check has been completed as well.

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
Guys, I need yoyr help... A month ago I sent to CPC-Mississauga by email the "Use of representative" application and a few days ago, when my parents checked online their status of permanent residence, they noticed that their local home address had been changed to my canadian address :eek: Is it normal or I should change it back to their local home address ? I am worrying that when the embassy will ask the passports for visas, the passports would be mailed from Ankara to Canada instead of to the home address of my parents... Any thoughts ?

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
sponsorazer said:
Guys, I need yoyr help... A month ago I sent to CPC-Mississauga by email the "Use of representative" application and a few days ago, when my parents checked online their status of permanent residence, they noticed that their local home address had been changed to my canadian address :eek: Is it normal or I should change it back to their local home address ? I am worrying that when the embassy will ask the passports for visas, the passports would be mailed from Ankara to Canada instead of to the home address of my parents... Any thoughts ?
I'm my parents's rep too. Their status always show my address not theirs.but I remember I sent labels with their address on last year.
I'm sure they'll use those when they're sending the passport back.

Alifka

Jul 10, 2013
sponsorazer said:
I was my mom rep as well and it was my address on both sides on web. However, Ankara used the Baku's back address when sent the passport back to mom. They used the "Turkey mail" address in Baku to be exact, though my mom used different courier/service in Baku when she sent her passport to get the visa. I think somewhere on the Ankara's embasy website it says that they do NOT mail out passports to Canada. They have a list of the specific countries where they mail out documents, otherwise in person or somehow else.

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
Thanks, Guys !! Now I understand that it was not mistake of the employee in the embassy :)

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
Anyone knows how long they do the security background check ?

Alifka

Jul 10, 2013
sponsorazer said:
Anyone knows how long they do the security background check ?
Unfortunately I do not know. My mom worked in the police department all her life I was afraid that background/security check would be long, however in our case it did not create any problems.

shjooya

May 8, 2012
Has anyone been asked for the additional medical tests after the original medicals were done? and any idea of what it could be???? We recieved an email that my mom needs to do some additional medical tests to finalize her medical check and were refered to consult to the doctor again but our doctor is away and won't be back for 10 days...so need to wait a bit....any experiences?

fae

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
shjooya said:
Has anyone been asked for the additional medical tests after the original medicals were done? and any idea of what it could be???? We recieved an email that my mom needs to do some additional medical tests to finalize her medical check and were refered to consult to the doctor again but our doctor is away and won't be back for 10 days...so need to wait a bit....any experiences?
Yes, depending on your mom's case, tests might be different.
My dad's blood pressure was high, they sent him for some extra heart rating tests, stress test and echocardiogram.
Because he wear hearing aids, they sent him for more hearing tests as well.
So as I said depends on her condition,
Good luck

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
Did somebody receive the email from the embassy with the request to send the passports ? Was your online status changed from "In-process" to "Decision made" ??

Thanks in advance !

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
Documents sent on Feb 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Nothing has changed for us since my parents did their medical exams in the first week of November. I heard that passport request takes approximately two months after medical. It has been more than two months for us but it may be because of the xmass break.

sponsorazer said:
Did somebody receive the email from the embassy with the request to send the passports ? Was your online status changed from "In-process" to "Decision made" ??

Thanks in advance !

Alifka

Jul 10, 2013
sponsorazer said:

Thanks in advance !
In my case the status was changed to "decision made". However I do not know exactly when, I found out it when my mom receive back the passprt with visa already. Anyhow it did not take long.

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
Documents sent on Feb 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
After close to three months of medical tests, the online status changed to medical received today.