+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara - Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Applications

befa42

Jun 17, 2013
Spons said:
Finally, my parents received their Visas.
I hope that the wait period for everyone will be over soon.
Congratulations, can you tell me how long did it take to request for passport after medicals done.
Thanks

May 31, 2014
Parent Sponsorship (takes long)

Hi! I am Jenn I'll be accompanying my parents going to canada, my Father(principal sponsor) for the Parent Sponsorship under Family Class.

I think it was back 2009 when we freshly applied for it then few years later 2012 emails and documents were asked. Then this 2013 we are asked to have our medical exam and results shall be given to them together with the passports for VISA Processing. But, now we're starting to worry on how long does it take to wait.. Our medical results shall end/expire this September 2014 and yet there's still no email or call from them.

Should we call them or go directly in their office instead to follow up. Because sending them emails wont give us clear status of our appliacation.

(or does anyone here works for the canadian embassy manila, to follow up our application will give you the details instead? Cheesy)

Can you help us? Smiley

befa42

Jun 17, 2013
I am planning to ask my MP to inquire about my parents immigration status, I am wondering if any body did it before and how was the visa office reaction, did the inquiry make them upset? or it did help to facilitate the process?
Thanks

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
befa42 said:
I am planning to ask my MP to inquire about my parents immigration status, I am wondering if any body did it before and how was the visa office reaction, did the inquiry make them upset? or it did help to facilitate the process?
Thanks
Some are more helpful then others, its their job ( and service as part of MP ) to do it for you - so demands it, not request it. Some MP's email the LVO directly but to get proper response from the file, they ask their person in Ottawa to login and see latest comments/status on file. You will need to sign consent form etc with them

fsasango

Jun 30, 2014
Hi All,

My application for sponsoring my parents was transferred to Ankara on August 19, 2019. Then my status was updated to "Started Processing" under Step 2 on March 19, 2014.

How long do you think it takes to hear from them about the medical? Is there anything I can do to speed-up the process? I read some posts about speaking to the PM. Has anyone tried that?

I appreciate your help.

Asemanc

Mar 12, 2014
Hi My freinds

Any updates from Ankara ?

Looks like everybody got visa :) :) :) :)

There is no new post here !

Thanks

Famousbboy

Aug 19, 2014
Hello Everyone. I sponsored My parents back in 2010 and they have recently received the Medical Request and their Application is being processed by visa section in Ankara. that being said, please help me if you know the answer to the following questions:

1- My Mother's Given name was changed (she added an honorific religious word to the beginning of her given name)after the initial sponsorship application. Later on when CIC asked for new applications and "Schedule A" documents, we sent all of her Legal Identity Documents with her New Given name and filled all the forms, using her new given name and now we noticed that her medical report is still with her old name. I wonder if its a good idea to inform the visa section of such error or you think I should wait till I get their passport request and see if this error is fixed ?!

2- How long will it take to get their passport request considering that they just submitted their medicals today ?!

Thanks in Advance

naivnaya

Dec 13, 2012
Hi there, i desperately need help.

I started sponsoring my parents from Azerbaijan back in 2008.. My timeline is:

Application received in Canada - Oct 2008
Application transferred to Ankara - Summer 2012
Started processing in Ankara - Nov 2012
Sent police certificates request to us - Dec 2012
Received police ceritificates from us - Feb 2013
Nothing heard since then... no medical request nothing

And i am getting pretty worried. it seems that majority of people with the similar timelines as mine got their visas already, or at least got medical requests and i heard nothing. what would you suggest? anyone in the same boat? i know on the website it says processing time is ~50 months, but in fact it seems it is less than that. i want to send them an email but don't want to upset them, if you know what i mean, since it is still within those 51 months..

appreciate your response.
regards..

Asemanc

Mar 12, 2014
Hello to evryone

Its almost 4month that we did medical in ankara and noting heard from them after that :( :( :(

anybody has new updates?

how long takes to ask for PPR after medical?

Thanks

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a mail from CIC that my application transferred to Ankara.

App. Filed.......: 03-2010
Doc's Request: 08-2013
AOR Received.: 01-2014
File Transfer...: 03-2014

Anyone has dependent on his/her application? I have one dependent over 22.
Anyone knows what is the acceptance rate for dependent in Ankara?

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asemanc said:
Hello to evryone

Its almost 4month that we did medical in ankara and noting heard from them after that :( :( :(

anybody has new updates?

how long takes to ask for PPR after medical?

Thanks
Hi Asemanc,

Do you have any update on your file?

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asemanc said:
Hi Msh_ca

Its been 5month we did medical and nothing new after that :(

i dont know how long will take to get PPR !! :( :(
Don't worry as medical expiration date is one year for sure you will here from them in next few months :)

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello every one,

Today I got an email form CIC regarding to my parents application.
They rejected my sister file as a dependent child because she was over 22 at the time that I applied and she didn't have continuous education from BS to Master.
Then same time I got another email for my parents requesting Medical/Police certificate and landing fee.
and here is my timeline

Category..............: FAM
App. Filed.............: March10,2010
Doc's Request.......: Oct 30, 2013
File Transfer.........: March31,2014 to Ankara
Med's Request......: Jan29, 2015

lemonpopsicle

Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, this forum hasn't been active for a while now but here's my timeline

Category.........: Family (parents+dependent)
Visa office.......: Ankara
App. Filed........: November 2010
Docs Request...: July 30, 2014
Docs Submitted: October 28, 2014
File Transfer....: Sept 21, 2015

Upfront Meds to be completed next.