+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

angry relatives

yarn128

Feb 10, 2011
hey everyone...I am back with more questions :-[ everyone on the forums has been a big help, and I hope someone can help me with this issue as well

(My husband wrote on the forums earlier)...he is currently in Canada, and sponsoring me there. I am currently living in Saudi Arabia. A relative of mine (and my husband's, since we are both cousins) also lives in Canada.

Our relative (my uncle, and my husband's uncle) has threatened us a few times about our sponsorship file. We are not in good terms with him, but he knows about our marriage. So it is obvious that my husband will apply for my immigration, and my uncle knows that.

So he has called us a few times stating that he has written letters to the immigration authorities. We are not sure what exactly he has written in the letters, but one of the things he has said is that my husband only married me to bring me to Canada, and help my family.

The reason our uncle has been soo angry with us is that my husband was supposed to get married to his daughter first, but he chose not to. We both fell in love, and decided to marry each other.

So my question is :

1) What can I do about this issue? Our lawyer has told us to write a letter stating the exact facts and give a proper explanation (he says that stating WHY my uncle has done that will make his letters inadmissible)

However, I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. First of all, we are not even sure what exactly my uncle has said or written. In addition, what if he is just trying to scare us from not applying for my immigration?

From the forums, I have gathered that it is a good idea to get the CAIPS forms after applying.

So my hunch is that I should not write anyyything about my uncle in our immigration papers, and basically just wait for the CAIPS forms after applying. If I see a flag on my application, then I can write an explannation for it.

Do you guys think that is a good idea? Please give me some advice on this issue.

2) My second question is that my husband is currently not working in Canada at the moment. He justt graduated last year, and is still looking for work.

I know that we are not asked to provide any minimum income for spousal cases, but our lawyer says that it is necessary. I know he is saying that because he wants us to show that we can support ourselves once we come here.

So what should we do about my husband's income?

3) My lawyer says that I should show my income statements (from the job I have in Saudi Arabia), but no where in the application we are asked for it.

So is it necessary?

If it is, then do I have to get the statements notorized?

Please give me some advice on my case...Thanks sooooo much :)

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
I would just add your degree or something to that nature to prove that you can earn in Canada. Your husband should state how he is living in Canada with no job and maybe outline plans for job hunting.
As for angry relatives that can make an impact on your application. However in the application write a letter stating that your marriage has issues with a family member who assumed his daughter would marry your spouse.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yarn128 said:
hey everyone...I am back with more questions :-[ everyone on the forums has been a big help, and I hope someone can help me with this issue as well

(My husband wrote on the forums earlier)...he is currently in Canada, and sponsoring me there. I am currently living in Saudi Arabia. A relative of mine (and my husband's, since we are both cousins) also lives in Canada.

Our relative (my uncle, and my husband's uncle) has threatened us a few times about our sponsorship file. We are not in good terms with him, but he knows about our marriage. So it is obvious that my husband will apply for my immigration, and my uncle knows that.

So he has called us a few times stating that he has written letters to the immigration authorities. We are not sure what exactly he has written in the letters, but one of the things he has said is that my husband only married me to bring me to Canada, and help my family.

The reason our uncle has been soo angry with us is that my husband was supposed to get married to his daughter first, but he chose not to. We both fell in love, and decided to marry each other.

So my question is :

1) What can I do about this issue? Our lawyer has told us to write a letter stating the exact facts and give a proper explanation (he says that stating WHY my uncle has done that will make his letters inadmissible)

However, I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. First of all, we are not even sure what exactly my uncle has said or written. In addition, what if he is just trying to scare us from not applying for my immigration?

From the forums, I have gathered that it is a good idea to get the CAIPS forms after applying.

So my hunch is that I should not write anyyything about my uncle in our immigration papers, and basically just wait for the CAIPS forms after applying. If I see a flag on my application, then I can write an explannation for it.

Do you guys think that is a good idea? Please give me some advice on this issue.

2) My second question is that my husband is currently not working in Canada at the moment. He justt graduated last year, and is still looking for work.

I know that we are not asked to provide any minimum income for spousal cases, but our lawyer says that it is necessary. I know he is saying that because he wants us to show that we can support ourselves once we come here.

So what should we do about my husband's income?

3) My lawyer says that I should show my income statements (from the job I have in Saudi Arabia), but no where in the application we are asked for it.

So is it necessary?

If it is, then do I have to get the statements notorized?

Please give me some advice on my case...Thanks sooooo much :)
Being you have already a good lawyer, follow his advices.
Your husband's income is not a mandatory requirement for sponsoring you.
After sponsorship approval, while you submit your PR application,, you have to show your qualification, job etc in your background declaration form. Therefore not necessary to explain separately about your ability to work or to earn money. That will not give any weight because you are applying in a family class - spouse category and not as skilled worker.
If you would like to submit any statements you can do it accordingly without notarizing, until and unless required by visa office.

Finally, don't worry about your uncle's threat. You may be asked to provide your genuine relationship proof with your husband, if asked by Visa office. Perhaps they may call for interview ( not sure at this stage).

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
yarn128 said:
I agree with your lawyer here. You want to avoid an interview if possible. Explaining everything upfront looks better. If you only explain a problem after the visa officer has asked about it, it can look like you are just making something up, or are making excuses.

He doesn't need a job, but showing evidence that he is actively looking for work may help. If he gets a job while the application is being processed at the embassy, I would send proof then.
It is not necessary, but since your husband doesn't have a job, it is good proof that he two of you will have some savings to live on whe you get to Canada, so I would include this . It doesn't have to be notarized.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to suggest that doubting a paid professional lawyer's advice and instead seeking different advice from random yokels on an Internet forum like us is not the best path to take. :) As long as the lawyer's advice is not clearly ridiculous, follow it.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
I would like to suggest that doubting a paid professional lawyer's advice and instead seeking different advice from random yokels on an Internet forum like us is not the best path to take. :) As long as the lawyer's advice is not clearly ridiculous, follow it.
I agree. The advice given to the OP is sound.

I like being a random yokel! :p

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I think you should ask your husband to call the police in Canada and file a complaint against him. Tell the police how your uncle is threatening you guys by claiming to send a letter to CIC about your relation because your husband didn't marry to his daughter.

And then attach that complaint with a letter explaining every thing with your application.