waived (rprf encashed 3-mar-12)
Passport Req..
pcc, rprf and pp submitted on 9-feb-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hi All,

Been a while since i was online. I see so many people have now got Visas and the rest seem to be close. Congratulations Friends.

And Now,

- Reached Delhi Airport in the morning as my flight was Finnair and Route was Delhi-Helsinki-Toronto. Was initially lufthansa but I had to postpone and change due to some Sudden commitments.
Bad Choice.

(Finnair is a shit airline. I should have known better as i have flown with them before. )
Had some issues with the flight and I will start another thread separately for the Finnair Bashing.

-Reached Toronto at 8.0 pm Eastern standard time. Long Walk to the immigration Counter.

-Immigration Counters were not crowded and i handed over my goods accompanying forms with Passport and Copr Only. After a few pleasant words and 'Welcome to Canada' The Visa officer sent me to the next immigration counter. This section is right next to the main Border control and easy to find as its only a few short steps away.

-Here within 5 mins of arriving a Visa officer Saw my Passports and Copr Docs and asked for an address where i would want my PR Card delivered.
After 5 mins i was given the photocopy of the copr given by the CHC New delhi with a stamp with date and sign of the officer. No bank statements or anything required. ( Although i still would advise to carry proof of funds even though they rarely ask. And this has also been said by many Senior members as well)

-Walked to baggage claim collected my baggage and gave the goods accompanying receipt to the Officer at the exit gate.

-After just 15 mins of getting off the plane i had collected my Bags and Exited the airport.
No one stopped me or asked me anything. It just felt so easy and uncomplicated.

**********TIP 1*********** Be confident smile and be happy and Excited.I think this kinda worked in my favor. Also I felt the vibe that you really have to be very unlucky if you get asked further questions and asked to show your baggage. Be honest at immigration. People here will believe what you say but won't appreciate you lying/hidding facts.
For instance i was carrying 2 cartons of smokes for someone when i was allowed only one. But i honestly told the first officer and she told me that she will make an exception in my case with a smile. But still there is a limit to what the officer might allow. I just got lucky.

-Was tired so just took a Taxi to my Destination. And i must Say- 65 $ well spent.

Tip- Although if you feel adventurous u can get a Toronto Transit Ticket valid for 3 hrs on Subways, buses and street cars and try to reach your destination. My Advise instead of asking people just go on google maps and figure out your root. It the easiest and the best. Also visit the TTC website. Trust me thts all you need for Toronto. Trust me u might really impress your friends/Family you are supposed to meet there if you just show up at their door without much help.

**********TIP 2************** Cabs from the airports have Rates fixed for every Zone and you dont have to bargain or fear that u might be paying more. Most of the cabs are lincolns and are fairly new. A distance of 25 kms would cost you appx 55-60 $ . Remember tho. U tip the Taxi Driver 10%. ****************

So here I am . A Canadian PR Now. Still Settling in

And some more Tips:

Weather:
-Really warm here right now. Im sleeping with AC on here. 24-25 deg feels really warm here and the sun is strong. Prepare accordingly.

-For mobile
if you plan to come to toronto please consider wind. I am paying 40 dollars and i have unlimited everything. it even works on my BB Bold 9780 with bb services, mail gps , Sicial apps etc and i can connect net for my pc as well. everything is 3g here and even on pc i get speeds of 3-4 mbps. So you can save some money initially and have internet with you allways. Btw Calls to india are .02 $ or Rs 1 per min on my wind plan. Thts really cheap. Just make sure Your handset is a compatible 3g model with the required frequency.

- For Banking
as so many seniors have mentioned in various threads go with Scotia Bank StartRight plan. Best for new ppl.

-Flights
Lastly. Don't save 3-4 thousand and book a flight tht is reliable and comfortable. DO NOT book Finnair. I Repeat DO NOT book it. They are known to cancel flights even if u reach helsinki and can send you back to Delhi.

************TIP******************
For multiple landing flights in Schanigen Countries you need Schaniggen Visa.
And for flights via the US u definately need a us transit visa or any other valid visa.
Don't test you luck here or you are in for a world of hurt.

If there is anything else you want to know feel free to contact. And if there is any tips u can give me, then please do.

You must have heard it before and i will say it agian. Everything you can get in india you will get here.

I dont know many people here in canada and if you are here and want to connect just pm me. It would be great.

canlove

May 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Congratulations RB_Ramon,

Thanks for sharing your landing experience, its informative.

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-11 with all documents.
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
24-Jan-12 along with pcc.rprf and pp
Med's Done....
3-Feb-12.....Med received line in Mar-12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Thanks Canlove.

Canadiantobe

Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-Mar-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 - Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
xxx
Med's Request
xxx
Med's Done....
xxx
Interview........
19-2-2013
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Thanks bro for sharing your experience and tips with us.

"Whatever in India you will get it here". Though we stay in Dubai but we get all the Indian flavours here in Dubai and I hope we can get bombay chaupati items there. :D

These are the things I'll miss. :(

Good luck for your new life in Canada.

yeswecandoit

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Dear RB ,

thanks for sharing - and all the best for new life in Canada .

as far as int aviation - Luftansa is good choice for every one - many times visited Schanigen Countries (North EU) , my experience with lufthansa was extremelly good.

YWCDI

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Canadiantobe said:

"Whatever in India you will get it here". Though we stay in Dubai but we get all the Indian flavours here in Dubai and I hope we can get bombay chaupati items there. :D

Thanks buddy. I havn't been to dubai but in just 2-3 days i have found so many things here that i feel Any asian or south asian person needs are avlbl here.

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
yeswecandoit said:
Dear RB ,

thanks for sharing - and all the best for new life in Canada .

as far as int aviation - Luftansa is good choice for every one - many times visited Schanigen Countries (North EU) , my experience with lufthansa was extremelly good.

YWCDI
Yes my frnd lufthansa is good. but finnair is beyond bad. read the thread ive started for my experience with them. u might enjoy the horrors. ;)

MARZUK

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-11
Nomination.....
30-06-11
AOR Received.
02-08-11
File Transfer...
IP : 3 Sep 14
LANDED..........
http://www.amazing-animations.com/sports/animations/running3.gif
RB_Ramon said:
Hi All,

Been a while since i was online. I see so many people have now got Visas and the rest seem to be close. Congratulations Friends.

And Now,

- Reached Delhi Airport in the morning as my flight was Finnair and Route was Delhi-Helsinki-Toronto. Was initially lufthansa but I had to postpone and change due to some Sudden commitments.
Bad Choice.

(Finnair is a *censored word* airline. I should have known better as i have flown with them before. )
Had some issues with the flight and I will start another thread separately for the Finnair Bashing.

-Reached Toronto at 8.0 pm Eastern standard time. Long Walk to the immigration Counter.

-Immigration Counters were not crowded and i handed over my goods accompanying forms with Passport and Copr Only. After a few pleasant words and 'Welcome to Canada' The Visa officer sent me to the next immigration counter. This section is right next to the main Border control and easy to find as its only a few short steps away.

-Here within 5 mins of arriving a Visa officer Saw my Passports and Copr Docs and asked for an address where i would want my PR Card delivered.
After 5 mins i was given the photocopy of the copr given by the CHC New delhi with a stamp with date and sign of the officer. No bank statements or anything required. ( Although i still would advise to carry proof of funds even though they rarely ask. And this has also been said by many Senior members as well)

-Walked to baggage claim collected my baggage and gave the goods accompanying receipt to the Officer at the exit gate.

-After just 15 mins of getting off the plane i had collected my Bags and Exited the airport.

**********TIP 1*********** Be confident smile and be happy and Excited.I think this kinda worked in my favor. Also I felt the vibe that you really have to be very unlucky if you get asked further questions and asked to show your baggage. Be honest at immigration. People here will believe what you say but won't appreciate you lying/hidding facts.
For instance i was carrying 2 cartons of smokes for someone when i was allowed only one. But i honestly told the first officer and she told me that she will make an exception in my case with a smile. But still there is a limit to what the officer might allow. I just got lucky.

-Was tired so just took a Taxi to my Destination. And i must Say- 65 $ well spent.

Tip- Although if you feel adventurous u can get a Toronto Transit Ticket valid for 3 hrs on Subways, buses and street cars and try to reach your destination. My Advise instead of asking people just go on google maps and figure out your root. It the easiest and the best. Also visit the TTC website. Trust me thts all you need for Toronto. Trust me u might really impress your friends/Family you are supposed to meet there if you just show up at their door without much help.

**********TIP 2************** Cabs from the airports have Rates fixed for every Zone and you dont have to bargain or fear that u might be paying more. Most of the cabs are lincolns and are fairly new. A distance of 25 kms would cost you appx 55-60 $ . Remember tho. U tip the Taxi Driver 10%. ****************

And some more Tips:

Weather:
-Really warm here right now. Im sleeping with AC on here. 24-25 deg feels really warm here and the sun is strong. Prepare accordingly.

-For mobile
if you plan to come to toronto please consider wind. I am paying 40 dollars and i have unlimited everything. it even works on my BB Bold 9780 with bb services, mail gps , Sicial apps etc and i can connect net for my pc as well. everything is 3g here and even on pc i get speeds of 3-4 mbps. So you can save some money initially and have internet with you allways. Btw Calls to india are .02 $ or Rs 1 per min on my wind plan. Thts really cheap. Just make sure Your handset is a compatible 3g model with the required frequency.

- For Banking
as so many seniors have mentioned in various threads go with Scotia Bank StartRight plan. Best for new ppl.

-Flights
Lastly. Don't save 3-4 thousand and book a flight tht is reliable and comfortable. DO NOT book Finnair. I Repeat DO NOT book it. They are known to cancel flights even if u reach helsinki and can send you back to Delhi.

And for flights via the US u definately need a us transit visa or any other valid visa.

If there is anything else you want to know feel free to contact. And if there is any tips u can give me, then please do.

You must have heard it before and i will say it agian. Everything you can get in india you will get here.

I dont know many people here in canada and if you are here and want to connect just pm me. It would be great.
Dear RB Ramon

Many thanks for sharing your experience. Would u please tell us more about getting PR Card ? Is that all u have done at airport or u have some other formalities after u exited the airport ? how long will it take to get the card on hand ?

Regards........

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
RB_Ramon said:
Hi All,

And Now,

Bad Choice.

(Finnair is a *censored word* airline. I should have known better as i have flown with them before. )

And some more Tips:

Weather:

-For mobile

- For Banking

-Flights

Thanking you a lot,
+1 from my side for valuable info and tips,
Best of Wishes for your future Endeavor in Toronto, ON
Warm regards,

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Canadiantobe said:

Dont worry you ll be able to get everything from Pani puri to Soan Papdi and Idli to Sambhar (and some even those stuffs which are not available in ME) though they will be almost 3-4 times expensive than Middle East :):):)

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Thanks for the informative post......All the best for ur new life in Canada :)

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
I dont know abt others but each time i read some one's experience, it feels great and feels like being there for a stance. Thanks buddy for this lovely experience and best of luck for your future.

coolguy.vanky

Jun 9, 2012
really helpful, Rb one thing want to know , how did you arrange the accommodation and how much, i heard toronto is such an expensive to live....

if you have any idea about accom and food please guide ..

thanks and enjoy it!!

RB_Ramon said:
Hi All,

And Now,

Bad Choice.

And some more Tips:

Weather:

-For mobile

- For Banking

-Flights

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
amir82 said:
I dont know abt others but each time i read some one's experience, it feels great and feels like being there for a stance. Thanks buddy for this lovely experience and best of luck for your future.
agree wid u amir82.......such post gives u confidence when u will land

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RB_Ramon said:
Hi All,

And Now,

Bad Choice.

And some more Tips:

Weather:

-For mobile

- For Banking

-Flights

Congrats and best of luck in future.