April 2010
Med's Request
On my Lord's Wish
Interview........
Pray for waver
VISA ISSUED...
As my Lord fixes
Dear seniors,
You know I am a teacher by profession. I understand it's very difficult to find jobs in the same field with out Canadian experience and degrees. So I need to find some general jobs for at least in the initial period as survival job. I am confused on "which city to land". To find out a job that does not require previous exp. where can I land? Your comments will be the main factor to determine my POE. Can you give me some advise? Thanking you all, Nicky

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
it is the most likely opinion that Toronto is the best city to enter as a new comer.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
mute_man said:
it is the most likely opinion that Toronto is the best city to enter as a new comer.
Not necessarily.

Take a long term perspective and see which province needs teachers and how long it will take you to get accredited. Then see if you can live in a 'cheaper' place while you study and take it forward from there.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Hi Nicky,

I would say do you research before making a decision. Since you'll be studying and working in a temporary profession, you'll also have the burden to run the home and pay the bills. Identify a place which offers lower cost of living, easier to navigate around, and future job opportunities in your own field.

Ball park analysis: Try Alberta. City of Edmonton is increasing by approx 75,000 residents per year - read somewhere dont know the authenticity. I travel here regularly and it is a smaller city with ample of job opportunities. I think Alberta also has lowest unemployment rate in Canada (roughly 4%). However, winters are harsh here.

Toronto is a great city but its super big. You may want to start with small and go big.

Vancouver is fantastic but damn expensive.

All the best.

Nicky Royal

Apr 29, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Med's Request
On my Lord's Wish
Interview........
Pray for waver
VISA ISSUED...
As my Lord fixes
Thank you all. This forum, as always, is a great platform to gather valuable informations. Looking forward to more opinions, Nicky

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recd on 24th Feb '14
Nicky Royal said:
Thank you all. This forum, as always, is a great platform to gather valuable informations. Looking forward to more opinions, Nicky
Dear Nicky, I too think Toronto would be more suitable to find out survival jobs in general category. Climate is also better,td

Nicky Royal

Apr 29, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Med's Request
On my Lord's Wish
Interview........
Pray for waver
VISA ISSUED...
As my Lord fixes
TO DREAMLAND said:
Dear Nicky, I too think Toronto would be more suitable to find out survival jobs in general category. Climate is also better,td
Thank you td, expect some more expert opinions, regards, Nicky