+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An issue in medical examination for Canadian study permit

siddhi_sharms

Jun 4, 2019
Hey guys,
I had gone for medical examination today, for Canadian study permit. I've been accepted in the University of Waterloo, for a masters +research program. In the medical examination, when the doctor asked me about any history of anxiety related issues, I casually mentioned about having some bouts of depression, once every 3-4 months, for the past 3 years, due to academic pressure. This feeling lasts for around 2-3 hours, then vanishes on its own. I have never consulted a psychiatrist regarding this, nor have I ever taken any medications, since I though that this is just your everyday anxiety. I do not have any mental disorder, but the doctor took note of these issues. I know I should not have mentioned this issue in the the first place, it was a very big blunder on my part. How tougher will it get for me to receive my study permit?

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
Hey guys,
I had gone for medical examination today, for Canadian study permit. I've been accepted in the University of Waterloo, for a masters +research program. In the medical examination, when the doctor asked me about any history of anxiety related issues, I casually mentioned about having some bouts of depression, once every 3-4 months, for the past 3 years, due to academic pressure. This feeling lasts for around 2-3 hours, then vanishes on its own. I have never consulted a psychiatrist regarding this, nor have I ever taken any medications, since I though that this is just your everyday anxiety. I do not have any mental disorder, but the doctor took note of these issues. I know I should not have mentioned this issue in the the first place, it was a very big blunder on my part. How tougher will it get for me to receive my study permit?
Don't worry, it won't be a problem.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey guys,
It won't be an issue. They are more concerned about communicable diseases like HIV, Aids, TB etc.