+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An exchange student looking for a host family 2010-2011 from Quebec

A

aliwa

Hello!

I'm well aware that this is probably the wrong place to look for, but anyway I'm trying. So here's the thing, I'm coming to Quebec, Canada in 2010-2011 as an exchange student. I'm traveling with AFS. I wouldn't have to look for the family by myself, they would be more than happy to do it for me, but I have one special interest about my placement, so I figured there is no harm in looking for the family by myself as well. The special interest is that I'd be extreme grateful to be placed close to an IB world school, so I could begin my two year diploma program in Canada and continue it when I come back to Finland. At the moment I'm doing my Pre-IB year.

I should probably tell a few things about myself first, but if you get interested I obviously would tell you a lot more and send pictures and all that, here's just a VERY, extremely brief introduction. I'm a sixteen year old girl (I'll turn 17 in March the 24th 2010) from Espoo Finland. I love among many other things ice hockey (eh, watching only..), traveling, shopping, music and art in general, animals, parties and like I said, many other stuff too. I love my family, and we often do stuff together. As a person I'm very social and outgoing, independent and life-loving. I snowboard, hang out with my sisters and my friends, and go to the gym a couple of times a week. I have very strong values and opinions, and I'm very openminded, freespirited and liberal. So anyway, if you're a French speaking family (I'm coming there to learn French, of course) and you're looking for an exchange student (or if you just got excited now about this) or you know a family who would like to host an exchange student for ten months or so, contact me by e-mail. Thanks. If you want more information about exchange students in general, go to AFS's homepage, there's a lot of good info :)

- Alisa Vakkila
aleiii_@hotmail.com