+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An ergent queston regarding leaving outside of Canada

visainfoneed

May 16, 2010
Hello, I have recently renewed my PR card (as of March 2010). Its new expiry date is 2015.

My question is that can I be outside of Canada for 3~4 years without re-entering?
HI, thanks for your response

I have another question, I am going to join in the army in S. Korea and I have to be in the army for about 2years.

According to ur response, I would not have any problems as to getting into Canada after I finishing my army service?

I am worried on my PR status which is conditional because of my father. He hasn't fulfilled the condition.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you apply for a new PR card in 2015, they will ask you where you have been staying. You have to list all trips outside Canada. If you look at the application form, if you have been outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the previous 5 years before you apply to renew, you will have to explain. They will accept reasons such as having been transferred to another country working for a Canadian employer or accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse to another country. If you have no such circumstances, they can refuse to renew your PR card.

Therefore, the answer is, you must always make sure that in the previous 5 years, you have been outside Canada for less than 3 years total.

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you remain in Korea for 2 years, you will still be able to renew your PR when it expires. The issue about your dad's PR will have no bearing on your application. Your case will be treated separately from your dad. The only problem is if you decide to stay in Korea for more than 3 years.