+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amount of minimum work experience required under CEC

Mar 14, 2020
In my field of NOC, I held a job in Canada for just shy of 1 year (had a lay off two weeks prior to the one year minimum requirement).

If I get a new job in my same of field NOC in Canada and continue working, will the total experience then cumulatively add up to the one year minimum requirement under the CEC program. I am asking this question because the Federal Skilled Workers Program explicitly states that the 1 year of Canadian work experience needs to be "continuous", but this term is not used when describing the work experience required under the CEC program.

So, my concern is, does the minimum required work experience needs to be "continuous" under the CEC program?

Thank you for reading and for your time.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
In my field of NOC, I held a job in Canada for just shy of 1 year (had a lay off two weeks prior to the one year minimum requirement).

If I get a new job in my same of field NOC in Canada and continue working, will the total experience then cumulatively add up to the one year minimum requirement under the CEC program. I am asking this question because the Federal Skilled Workers Program explicitly states that the 1 year of Canadian work experience needs to be "continuous", but this term is not used when describing the work experience required under the CEC program.

So, my concern is, does the minimum required work experience needs to be "continuous" under the CEC program?

Thank you for reading and for your time.
CEC, is 1 year, which does not have to be continuous nor in a single NOC. You could have, for instance, 8 months with NOC #1 and later 4 months with NOC 2 and meet the requirement. NOC 1 and 2 can or cannot be the same, as long as they are NOCs that qualify.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Correct, that should tell you that FSW and CEC have different requirements.

No.