+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amount of funds needed

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

This link shows how much money is needed to show proof of funds by family size. I am single, and I am applying just for myself. What do they mean by "You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you)." Does it mean I need to show count my family size as 4? (My parents, myself and my sister)

Or, do they mean spouse and children only by family? If it's 1 member, I will just need 12,164 CAD. Otherwise I'll need almost double :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Family doesn't include people who aren't part of your application. If you're single, you'll just need to showcase $12,164.

vishalnmodi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Mumbai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
Hello,

This link shows how much money is needed to show proof of funds by family size. I am single, and I am applying just for myself. What do they mean by "You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you)." Does it mean I need to show count my family size as 4? (My parents, myself and my sister)

Or, do they mean spouse and children only by family? If it's 1 member, I will just need 12,164 CAD. Otherwise I'll need almost double :(
If you are single then dont worry. You just need to show the funds for 1 Person. Family is applicable if you are married.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
prasanna1157 said:
Hello,

Since you are single, you need not be worried. :)

This would apply for those cases, where the applicant has declared that he/she is married but the dependant may not be accompanying the primary applicant. In those cases, the applicant will have to declare funds for two, get medical and PCC also done for both.