+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on this page for a while.
So we're still waiting and suffering here, I submitted my wife's application on Sep 2019
Application received and processing started in Nov 2019
Biometrics and medical done in March 2020
Then no updates until June they sent us a procedural fairness letter and requesting other documents which took a long time to get here in Canada
I sent them the documents on 16 December 2020 and no update after that ! It's been over a month and my lawyer sent them an email asking for an update and they didn't answer.
I talked to the MP in my area and haven't hear back.
Are they working in Amman? What exactly is going on there?

AnneBur

Jan 23, 2021
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on this page for a while.
So we're still waiting and suffering here, I submitted my wife's application on Sep 2019
Application received and processing started in Nov 2019
Biometrics and medical done in March 2020
Then no updates until June they sent us a procedural fairness letter and requesting other documents which took a long time to get here in Canada
I sent them the documents on 16 December 2020 and no update after that ! It's been over a month and my lawyer sent them an email asking for an update and they didn't answer.
I talked to the MP in my area and haven't hear back.
Are they working in Amman? What exactly is going on there?
Our medicals were passed on Dec 10th 2020 and we haven't heard back from anyone in Amman. We have to take into account the Christmas and New Uear holidays and also Covid. Maybe they are backlogged. Hopefully we'll hear back very soon!

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Our medicals were passed on Dec 10th 2020 and we haven't heard back from anyone in Amman. We have to take into account the Christmas and New Uear holidays and also Covid. Maybe they are backlogged. Hopefully we'll hear back very soon!
I understand the holidays and all but they could at least answer the email or something to give us some hope.
My other question: Is it ok to travel in March or April to be with my wife for a few weeks? Or will this affect the processing?
My lawyer said it's ok but I saw some people not recommending it as sponsor have to reside in Canada during the process of the application

AnneBur

Jan 23, 2021
I understand the holidays and all but they could at least answer the email or something to give us some hope.
My other question: Is it ok to travel in March or April to be with my wife for a few weeks? Or will this affect the processing?
My lawyer said it's ok but I saw some people not recommending it as sponsor have to reside in Canada during the process of the application
The Canadian government is asking that we not travel at all right now due to Covid. They can't guarantee that we will be able to make it back home. They are asking us to cancel all travel plans. I wouldn't go right now if I was you.

George84

Aug 20, 2019
Hello everyone
Just wanted to let you know that my wife got passport request email 3 days ago.
Hope you all get the updates soon as well

Reactions: Nina12

fkk10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone, I received passport request few days ago and I submitted it via DHL, how long will it take for VFS to send it to IRCC? and how do you track your file? will vfs send me a tracking number?