+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Hello every one i really hope every one of you hearing good news about your applications .

i have one question for iraqi people who have canadian spouse ,
my and my fiance are getting married soon but we would like to know where is better for us and need your advice for that
we have 2 options , Amman Or Turkie . based on your experience or where you got married .

i am iraqi and living in iraq and fiance is canadian

thanks in advance
Hello brother Welcome with us , I'm from Iraq and when I married my wife came back to Iraq and we do our Marriage, if you doing in Iraq it will be more easier to you

If you christian you need to get the marriage certificate from the Church and also from the Church ,

when I married I translated all my Documents you need also to change the IRAQI ID because they want your ID has your wife name also in the back , and when I translate my paper the translator is authorized by the government so no need to go to another place to authorized the translated original copies . This is what I did in Kurdistan , I don't know where you are exactly in Iraq , maybe if it Baghdad will be different . also if your wife has lawyer in Canada for you application, let him prepare everything for you the exact needed document probably he will give you checklist then you will prepare it .

my advice is do your marriage in Iraq , will be much easier for you both .

Reactions: Nina12

murdan94

Nov 11, 2019
Hello every one i really hope every one of you hearing good news about your applications .

i have one question for iraqi people who have canadian spouse ,
my and my fiance are getting married soon but we would like to know where is better for us and need your advice for that
we have 2 options , Amman Or Turkie . based on your experience or where you got married .

i am iraqi and living in iraq and fiance is canadian

edit: we gonna wait for this situation to get easier before we go we already know borders closed and we gonna wait for that

thanks in advance
Since you are iraqi you should be getting married there since its your home country,
But where is your fiancé exactly from turkey? Or jordan?

aws11

Sep 24, 2020
Hello brother Welcome with us , I'm from Iraq and when I married my wife came back to Iraq and we do our Marriage, if you doing in Iraq it will be more easier to you

If you christian you need to get the marriage certificate from the Church and also from the Church ,

when I married I translated all my Documents you need also to change the IRAQI ID because they want your ID has your wife name also in the back , and when I translate my paper the translator is authorized by the government so no need to go to another place to authorized the translated original copies . This is what I did in Kurdistan , I don't know where you are exactly in Iraq , maybe if it Baghdad will be different . also if your wife has lawyer in Canada for you application, let him prepare everything for you the exact needed document probably he will give you checklist then you will prepare it .

my advice is do your marriage in Iraq , will be much easier for you both .
thanks for the quick reply brother , my fiance is canadian so we cant get married here in iraq thats why i asked if its better to get married in turkie or jordan

Reactions: Miladb

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
thanks for the quick reply brother , my fiance is canadian so we cant get married here in iraq thats why i asked if its better to get married in turkie or jordan
You welcome brother , we are here to support each other

brother if she came to Iraq they will give her one month temporary residency, so it's ok

aws11

Sep 24, 2020
You welcome brother , we are here to support each other

brother if she came to Iraq they will give her one month temporary residency, so it's ok
yes but im in baghdad so it is not easy for her to come here as it is easy to go to jordan or turkie but ofc as soon as the travel restrictions are lifted or become lighter

Reactions: Miladb

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
yes but im in baghdad so it is not easy for her to come here as it is easy to go to jordan or turkie but ofc as soon as the travel restrictions are lifted or become lighter
thats right , I hope you complete everything safely and everything done fast for the documentation that you will going to prepare to prove the true of your Marriage, it took me one month to complete all the document that I need to prove .

Reactions: Mafi8 and aws11

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
You can get married in Iraq as there is office in Erbil. Your application will be processed in Amman. No need to go to Turkey. My husband is from Syria, we both went to Armenia to get married ( we are both Armenians) they had the canadian consulate there, but not visa office. So out application is being processed in Amman. We didn't get married in Syria because the consulate is closed. Our options were either to do church marriage in Lebanon or civil/church in Armenia. We went to Armenia and did civil marriage without church. So you can get married in Iraq.

Reactions: aws11

aws11

Sep 24, 2020
You can get married in Iraq as there is office in Erbil. Your application will be processed in Amman. No need to go to Turkey. My husband is from Syria, we both went to Armenia to get married ( we are both Armenians) they had the canadian consulate there, but not visa office. So out application is being processed in Amman. We didn't get married in Syria because the consulate is closed. Our options were either to do church marriage in Lebanon or civil/church in Armenia. We went to Armenia and did civil marriage without church. So you can get married in Iraq.
thank you for the reply , in all cases we wait for this current situation to be better and seeing our options