+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
I hope he receive his medical exam soon
Inshallah I’m so sick and tired and depressed.Like I don’t know why they won’t send it.Last time I got update was nov 2019 they request biometrics and another police report and I haven’t heard back and I’m worried because in 3 months it will be November and I feel like my lawyer keep messaging them and their ignoring

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
June 14 2019
Biometrics nov 2019
Police report nov 2019
Still no medicals and I am sick and tired and don’t know what to do?Can I call Amman??

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
I am very happy to whoever is getting updates. But I am so upset that my file was sent way before some of the people who are receiving updates?? what is this based on???? Should be first come first serve. This is so unfair. People receiving ppr in less than 12 months! How is this fair for someone who is waiting over 14 months....so upset, I just want to start my life and build a family with my husband

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
I am very happy to whoever is getting updates. But I am so upset that my file was sent way before some of the people who are receiving updates?? what is this based on???? Should be first come first serve. This is so unfair. People receiving ppr in less than 12 months! How is this fair for someone who is waiting over 14 months....so upset, I just want to start my life and build a family with my husband
Same here I got nothing

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Guys once you get the visa can you book a ticket directly or you need to send email for approval from IRCC ? , I mean who can stop you if you book a ticket if you have visa , also do you thing like what I think why they give exceptions for those who got their copr before 18-March-2020 , does those are unlimited negatives from Covid and the others is not ? Hahaha tell me if you thing same as I
Yes no need,

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:

be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Yes no need,

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:

be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
Nice , great to know , thanks for the information

Koshan994

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
I got this update to when i saw ur post here i checked mine and exactly same thank god and i hope the best for everyone but when will we get ir back?
Please can you tell me you send your passport and your documents to vfs in amman or directly to embassy in amman. Thank you

jb7

Aug 25, 2020
I’m sorry to hear that. I feel the same way. I’ve sponsored my husband and our consultants told us it would be within 12 months to process his paperwork unless it was a special case that required more than a year to process. Anyway, I‘ve contacted my consultant to find out why it’s taking longer than 12 months and she tells me that my paperwork is within the 18 month time frame as the process can take anywhere between 12-18 months. I wasn’t aware of this prior to applying for my husband. Of course I was frustrated so I got in touch with my MP and she was quite helpful but told me that my case is still within the processing time and that the most she can do is get updates on my paperwork. However, she did mention that she has helped people whose time surpassed the 18 months period and was able to help with those specific cases. I can understand what you’re going through because although it’s been almost 13 months for me since I’ve sponsored my husband, there are people who have applied last October-December and they’ve received their PPR. The MP did mention that it really depends on the agent that’s processing your paperwork. If it gets in the right hands then you’ll be lucky to have your paperwork completed faster than someone who has applied before you. Unfortunately, the system has many flaws. One thing I would recommend is for you to get in touch with your MP. Tell them your situation and see what they can do to help. Covid really has caused significant delays in processing times but plz stay hopeful. That’s really all we can do at this time. Good things are coming your way soon inshallah!

Reactions: ZeeSho and Nina12

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Guys if I have lawyer who is tracking and consulting my application with the embassy , is it right to do ecas account , I never did one but I hear if I did one may case delete the consultant permissions .