+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

fkk10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
yes , they are working on our applications they sent me a pre-arrival letter on April 9 . and even on their fb page they said they will still be working on files but with limited staff , so basically the hold and wait is from the embassy not visa office unless they want to send biometrics or medical
requests
what about passport request ? is it also via the Visa office ?

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
well the request is sent by the embassy but the collection via the visa office
This is what I understood but last year my friend's wife sent it with DHL directly to the embassy which is confusing and not sure if that is the right way to do it.

A.J.H

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
This is what I understood but last year my friend's wife sent it with DHL directly to the embassy which is confusing and not sure if that is the right way to do it.
well you will never know what will they ask things in a normal situation are different with each case and they are not even following the processing steps according to their own guidelines, now we have the COVID19 so we will have to wait and see

Reactions: AliMZaki

A.J.H

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
well you will never know what will they ask things in a normal situation are different with each case and they are not even following the processing steps according to their own guidelines, now we have the COVID19 so we will have to wait and see
but the thing is our delay is not because of the Covid19 it has to do with government of canada and ircc here in canada . cause the visa office is closed upon there request if they wanted to process the files they would've told the visa office to open long time ago , and as of today still the exemption says on or before march 18 which means still not planning to give anyone a visa after that till now .
the only bright side i guess what make sense is once they open they will speed up all our files cause they are already due and had enough time to make decisions and get background checks answers

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
That is true.
Things are starting to come back to normal in some provinces like here in Alberta which is a good sign and hopefully they'll start working on the applications soon.

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
but the thing is our delay is not because of the Covid19 it has to do with government of canada and ircc here in canada . cause the visa office is closed upon there request if they wanted to process the files they would've told the visa office to open long time ago , and as of today still the exemption says on or before march 18 which means still not planning to give anyone a visa after that till now .
the only bright side i guess what make sense is once they open they will speed up all our files cause they are already due and had enough time to make decisions and get background checks answers
Exactly the decision has to come from government of Canada, they have to allow immigration offices to resume work. I hope once they open we will all get passport requests and our visas as we will all pass our 12 months processing times.

murdan94

Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys so before this Covid19 out break my husband got passport request and then all around the world lockdown started and yesterday he received an email saying that his application has been recently approved and that soon they will be asking for his passport ,

Reactions: Nina12 and Mafi8

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
Hey guys so before this Covid19 out break my husband got passport request and then all around the world lockdown started and yesterday he received an email saying that his application has been recently approved and that soon they will be asking for his passport ,
Oh good!! At least they emailed and gave updates. Inshala soon they will ask for passports

Reactions: murdan94 and Nina12

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Good news, what was the email ? When your husband got decision made ?

For me after pre-arrival service letter and decision made did not get anything

Reactions: Nina12

A.J.H

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
can you please tell us your timeline again , thanks

Reactions: Nina12