+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
Travel restrictions is until April 30...so on April 30 they will talk about the travel restrictions but inshallah they change it.Because the news says once it gets warm Covid can’t live in hot
Weather.Cases are already down in Canada let’s hope they get rid of those travel restrictions and goes back to normal and no $2000 or hotel or two test...because that’s too much money.Inshallah they get rid of travel restrictions

Reactions: AnneBur

OmarSab

Feb 7, 2021
Insha'allah passports will come soon. Strange, it has been more than a month now!!

By the way, just to share experiences:

In addition to applying for a spousal work permit and TRV as we all did, because of the travel restrictions, I also applied for a written authorization for my wife to join me in Canada (for family reunification) by sending an Email. This would apply to you if the host (family member in Canada) is not a citizen or PR (as in my case, I am on a work permit). I am not sure what are the exact rules for PR or citizens.

For us, we got the exemption letter in the CIC account, titled "Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification". If you don't have this letter and you are similar to our case, then you need to apply for it.

To learn more about this, read here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary). Check under section "How to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily"

Last edited:
Reactions: AnneBur and Nina12

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
I called vfs in amman today they told me they will receive package tomorrow, Inshaalllah our passports with them.
He also told me if not ,i should wait another week, usually the received a package every Tuesday.
hello mohamad.. any updates? did you check?

Moh47

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
Nothing yet..it is very strange, usually it take 2 weeks even with covid.
Now it's been 5 weeks ...I don't know what's going on...

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Nothing yet..it is very strange, usually it take 2 weeks even with covid.
Now it's been 5 weeks ...I don't know what's going on...
you called and no updates? did you try to ask them why?
does anyone have the embassy's number? i can call them tomorrow..

Moh47

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
Vfs don't know why, and once they received our passports they will send email to us.
The delay is from the embassy.
i tried to call the embassy but they does not receive calls, the call center answered and told me to email them if i have anything.

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Vfs don't know why, and once they received our passports they will send email to us.
The delay is from the embassy.
i tried to call the embassy but they does not receive calls, the call center answered and told me to email them if i have anything.
i emailed them few days ago through the webform.. no answer yet.. do you have their direct email?