+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

American with Study Permit, Re-entry Questions.

iamsoconfused

Feb 26, 2016
I am currently studying in Canada on a valid Study Permit that does not expire until 2018.

I want to travel to Europe for 1 week.

I am confused about whether or not I need to do anything. According to the CIC website, as a US citizen I am exempt from the ETA. However do I still need to apply for a new Study Visa? Even though mine is valid until 2018?

The wording on the CIC website is unclear. It also mentions Study Permits being single or multiple entry....I cannot find that information on my visa.

I am so confused.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A study permit does not guarantee a re-entry. A valid visa is what is needed. However, you are an American and do not need a visa to enter Canada.
See this website to confirm: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
Have a great trip.

iamsoconfused said:
I am currently studying in Canada on a valid Study Permit that does not expire until 2018.

I want to travel to Europe for 1 week.

I am confused about whether or not I need to do anything. According to the CIC website, as a US citizen I am exempt from the ETA. However do I still need to apply for a new Study Visa? Even though mine is valid until 2018?

The wording on the CIC website is unclear. It also mentions Study Permits being single or multiple entry....I cannot find that information on my visa.

I am so confused.