Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Hi Guys, I know it's not a US forum but I am sure some of you guys maybe have experience with that.

Let me explain the story, I am Canadian currently sponsoring my Colombian wife, we both live in Colombia.

Last year we applied to get her US tourist visa, and we wrote in the applciation that I was the one paying for her trip,even tough she was working, but at that time we were not married, we were common law.When she went to the ''interview'' about a year ago he said I cannot give you the visa but you should reapply and eight write that you pay for your own trip or get married.

So I guess if common law I couldn't say I was going to pay for her trip, now that we are married she is currently not working.

any of you guys have experience on that? or I should wait for her to get her permanant residence and apply?

I really want the US visa since flight direct from colombia-canada are about 1000$ and colombia-usa are like 300$ and my folks are picking us up at the airport in the US. so that's why!

Hope you can help me out with an experience or something!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fab said:
Hi Guys, I know it's not a US forum but I am sure some of you guys maybe have experience with that.

Let me explain the story, I am Canadian currently sponsoring my Colombian wife, we both live in Colombia.

Last year we applied to get her US tourist visa, and we wrote in the applciation that I was the one paying for her trip,even tough she was working, but at that time we were not married, we were common law.When she went to the ''interview'' about a year ago he said I cannot give you the visa but you should reapply and eight write that you pay for your own trip or get married.

So I guess if common law I couldn't say I was going to pay for her trip, now that we are married she is currently not working.

any of you guys have experience on that? or I should wait for her to get her permanant residence and apply?

I really want the US visa since flight direct from colombia-canada are about 1000$ and colombia-usa are like 300$ and my folks are picking us up at the airport in the US. so that's why!

Hope you can help me out with an experience or something!
Depends on when you are traveling.

If you are planing on travel for her to land (vs, visiting before then), I'd probably wait until she has her CoPR and apply explaining, as you did in your post, the rationale for the visa.* The CoPR would likely go a long way in addressing any questions of whether she intends to stay in the US. Include the itinerary you'd like to take and proof of her Canadian status.

* I must admit I'm not familiar with waiting times for appointments with the US Embassy in Colombia. If they are long, I might apply ahead of time and hope for the best.