+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I supposed to get bank statements from different banks? Or just the bank which will show my POF

Kohinoor

Aug 24, 2017
Hi,
I got my ITA on 31st May and I am almost at the end of finishing all the formalities with filling up online information and will upload documents day after tomorrow.
Yesterday I took bank solvency certificate and 6 months statements from the my current bank for proof of fund. Today suddenly I remembered that I have another 2 bank accounts with 2 different banks, which are very old, made back when I was in college and I never really closed it. But it has been inactive for the last 5 years or so. There is no debt there. But there is hardly any cash in those accounts.
What should I do now? Am I supposed to disclose all the different banks where i have accounts? I am very confused and worried now, I have just 6 days till my ITA expires.
PLEASE HELP ME WITH YOUR GUIDANCE!

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
I strongly advise that you log into yor account, go to the Proof of Funds line on your checklist and click on the More Info (?) icon.

They might have changed this, but when I applied this year, the extra information clearly stated applicants had to provide statements for ALL savings accounts. To be safe, I procured letters for all of mine. I just couldn't have taken the risk.

On the other hand...I ordered GCMS notes and only my largest savings account was mentioned.

It's your account and your life, so you decide how to proceed. But if the webform gives a clear instruction I would be inclined to follow it.