+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I falling under NOC 2131 or 2132?

Jan 19, 2020
Hi All,

I did my bachelors degree in Mechanical, but my work experience is majorly on structural engineering, where I was involved in steel structural analysis, creating design drawings, designing foundation, and advising on construction procedures and material. But I am wondering that if I can create my profile under NOC 2131, because my work experience is civil/structural related, though my bachelor's degree is Mechanical.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Balabhaskara

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
You can create your profile with whatever NOC you want AS LONG AS you can prove the work done. I would suggest going over the job roles & responsibilities of structural/civil engineers. Also, from the NOC database, make sure you read the text in red below:

2131 – (Civil engineers) Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
  • A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
  • Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
  • Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
  • Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.

Reactions: balabhaskara.dj
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for quick response. I don’t have Professional Engineer license as described in red in your message. Am I not eligible for NOC2131?

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Thanks for quick response. I don’t have Professional Engineer license as described in red in your message. Am I not eligible for NOC2131?
You may be eligible to apply for PR using this NOC. However, you will be required to submit proof that you are qualified to practice it. You will have to pass exams, take certifications etc. If you are absolutely sure that this is what you want to do for the rest of your life, then by all means go ahead and start getting these certifications. Because without them, you will not be able to get a job in your occupation.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Red means nothing, civil engineers works as engineers for life without PENG, mechanical engineers work in civil fields all the time, as long have your job duties align with the job duties specified in that NOC you are good, you have engineering degree you are eligible for your civil engineer role, I would recommend to put your job duties here and we can help you out determining your NOC better.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, that´s not what it means. It only means you cannot use the title P.Eng. if you haven´t earned it yet, and you cannot include "approve engineering drawings and reports" as one of your job duties if you don´t have the P.Eng. license.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
No, that´s not what it means. It only means you cannot use the title P.Eng. if you haven´t earned it yet, and you cannot include "approve engineering drawings and reports" as one of your job duties if you don´t have the P.Eng. license.
This makes more sense.