+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible?

HZJ

Jul 5, 2022
Hi. I have completed my Masters in English and also done B.ed. I have more than 9 years of teaching experience at different level. Currently I am working as a preschool teacher. I also have experience of being coordinator and Incharge of a renewable school's online system. My NOC code: 4032 and level/type is A. I need to know that can I apply for PR? Second question is that how to get a teacher or any other job in Canada?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi. I have completed my Masters in English and also done B.ed. I have more than 9 years of teaching experience at different level. Currently I am working as a preschool teacher. I also have experience of being coordinator and Incharge of a renewable school's online system. My NOC code: 4032 and level/type is A. I need to know that can I apply for PR? Second question is that how to get a teacher or any other job in Canada?
Best start here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

HZJ

Jul 5, 2022
To qualify for express entry you should aim for 8+. At the moment Canada is actually in need of teachers after a long period of a surplus of teachers.
Right. Can you please some info about getting work rather than teaching in Canada with this qualification?

HZJ

Jul 5, 2022
I mean can I get job other than teaching with having qualification of masters in English? Because I heard that without having teaching license one cannot teach in any province/ state of Canada. I need a job in Canada to move there. Once I reach there then i will surely try to meet the requirements for getting teaching licence.

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
I mean can I get job other than teaching with having qualification of masters in English? Because I heard that without having teaching license one cannot teach in any province/ state of Canada. I need a job in Canada to move there. Once I reach there then i will surely try to meet the requirements for getting teaching licence.
Hi,

I also had the same question. Did you get any answer to this?

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Where are you moving to? Google ”province” and teaching license to get requirements for that province.
That sounds like a good point to start from. I think I would check out Manitoba's Teaching Certification Process.

Thanks a lot! :)