+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to travel inside Canada?

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
Hello,

So my SP expired in mid-May as well as my visa, because my passport expired on the same day. And I was caught up in the Covid-19 pandemic, i did not realize that my status had runout.

I am planning to move to Quebec for studies and I have applied for a new study permit. I am currently within BC but can I move to Quebec?

Sep 15, 2020
Hmm why not? You don’t need your passport to travel to another city within Canada. At least that’s what I did every time , I just used my driver license.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You need a valid passport to apply for a study permit, and if you have been out of status since May then you need to apply to restore your status first. Then to study in Quebec you also need a CAQ first.

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
Sir I was told that I cant apply for study permit restoration without receiving the CAQ. I will probably receive it in couple days.
I dont have my BCID because my wallet was stolen. I had filed a police complaint. I have a valid passport and an expired study permit. Can I move as soon after I apply for the restoration. Can I move within Canada then?