+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

am i eligible to get the student visa ??????

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
hello amazing site
im an Egyptian 29 years old i want to go to Canada to study English
all i have is 10k usd and i don't have house hold and i can get a letter from company that i get a high salary so how can i prove to Canadian embassy that i will come back i know a Canadian girl for one year over the internet and we will get marry there and she wants to help me so what could she help me to show the Canadian embassy in Cairo that i will come back
i was thinking about getting letter from her father that he grantee that he gonna allow me to stay in his house and he grantee that i will come back please help me because if she come here and we get married we will get refuse because of the age gap
thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will not work. For some reasons
1. you would not be able to convince Visa Office that you have to go to Canada to study English if you have next to you Malta/Sweden/Switzerland with its English schools as well as UK.
2. you cannot come to Canada "because you met the girl and want to marry her". Let her marry you and then sponsor you as her spouse.

How old is your Canadian girlfriend?
Nothing her father can guarantee to VO about you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't have enough money to qualify for a student visa. You would need at least twice as much - possibly three times.

You can try applying for a tourist visa - however you'll have to show strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term to be approved. Based on your age, lack of assets, marital status and home country - the chances of being approved are likely quite low.

She will likely have to visit you in Egypt and get married there before starting the sponsorship process. If you have never met in person, then she should visit you a few times before you get married to prove your relationship is genuine.