+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to apply PNP in Nova Scotia? (NSNP)

bryanzhj

Nov 19, 2012
Hi guys :D,

I'm a international student studying in Conestoga College, which is in Ontario.

If I graduated from this college (got 1-year full-time certificate) and have a full-time job in Nova Scotia, am I eligible to apply the NSNP in Nova Scotia?

I check the NSNP instruction, they just said that a applicant need a CANADA STUDY CERTIFICATE, but not emphasized that if it must be under Nova Scotia or not

I'm really confuse about that

Is there anyone has the same experience, please talk about it

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bryanzhj said:
Anyone can help? :)
Have you gone through NSNP Immigration Guide and checked pages 6-7 for the requirements for the principal applicant?
http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com/sites/default/files/NSNP_IG_ApplicationGuide.pdf
The requirements for Education and Training are pretty clear on this.

/hope this helps....

bryanzhj

Nov 19, 2012
ragluf said:
Have you gone through NSNP Immigration Guide and checked pages 6-7 for the requirements for the principal applicant?
The requirements for Education and Training are pretty clear on this.

/hope this helps....
Thanks, I've double checked today; I also got email from government of NS, and they confirmed that they accept students from anywhere in Canada.

However, I called some agency and they said that If a other provincial graduated student wanna apply NSNP, they MIGHT be refused

because the government PREFER a international student who has local education background

So as a international student graduated from other province, is it a risk to apply NSNP?
Or I should study for another year to apply CEC

Appreciate if anyone share your experience.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ bryanzhj

Since you have already corresponded with NSNP, and unsure still, you could actually just go ahead and ask them directly if you are eligible to apply under the International Graduate stream of NSNP. They would entertain your questions - they are nice and accommodating people in that office. Why not give them a quick call sometime :). Got my nomination under NSNP, just not under the International Graduate stream. In my calls to them I find that they are willing to assist you in your questions and clarifications.

/Best of luck to you...

bryanzhj

Nov 19, 2012
Right now I'm just worry about that they prefer a local study background more than a other province student-----But they just don't say it officially.

Thank you for the advise :). I guess I'll try to call or email them for further information.

Good luck~