+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to apply for student Visa even after applying for PR

sunzida

Sep 11, 2014
Hello all,
I have two questions.

1)I have got admission at a Canadian university with funding for Spring Semester 2015.My Husband is pursuing his Ph.D there.He has applied for PR for me 5 months earlier.But as I have got admission so I am going to apply for student visa. I have heard that if husband or wife applies for PR then their spouses don't get student visa before getting PR.But it is urgent for me start my semester.Am I not eligible to apply for student visa?
2)My big brother from my husband's side has transferred money to my bank account and my parents have also given me some money.Now I want to open FDR.Do I need to show the source of money?

It will be really so helpful for me if I can get some answer from here.Thanks in Advance

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
Since I also need to apply for a study permit (inland PR applicant as well), I checked with a CIC agent. You can apply for study permit OUTSIDE Canadian visa office (probably to LA office). It takes 2-3 month to finalize it. I think financial support is also very important and they want to see the last 4 months bank statements to prevent people getting money just for immigration purpose.. Hope it works for you! Cheers!

asma316

Jun 18, 2012
pookieee said:
Since I also need to apply for a study permit (inland PR applicant as well), I checked with a CIC agent. You can apply for study permit OUTSIDE Canadian visa office (probably to LA office). It takes 2-3 month to finalize it. I think financial support is also very important and they want to see the last 4 months bank statements to prevent people getting money just for immigration purpose.. Hope it works for you! Cheers!
Hi All,

I am almost in same situation, let me explain my scenario.

I have applied for PR this June and have received first letter from CIC on October.
On November first week I've got offer letter for MSc in a Canadian University and class will start from Jan 05,2015.
Now I am in dilemma if I apply for student visa, is this going to affect my PR process !!
Moreover I am pretty tight schedule for visa as well.So I have to take decision urgently.

Eagerly waiting for experts suggestion.

Thanks in advance.