+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible for PNP in Ontario? NOC 21232 (Software Developer), 5 years of experience in Canada, 130k salary, job offer but no post-secondary degree

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hey everyone.
I'd like to know if I have any chance of getting a Provincial Nomination to immigrate.
I've been living in Ontario for 6 years. I'm on my 3rd LMIA-Based work permit renewal in Canada (NOC 21232) working as a software developer for a finance company. I have 4 years of experience in a full-time job in this company, and some 3 years of experience in Brazil. My current salary is around 130k. I have a job offer (from my current company). I don't speak any French.

However, I don't have a post-secondary degree, only a high-school diploma. So my CRS is very low - around 370. Do I have any chance of getting a PNP from Ontario to immigrate? Or should I focus only on renewing my work permit every 2 years, as I have been doing?

Thank you!

Reactions: alex_tim

dani83

Feb 15, 2023
Hey everyone.
I'd like to know if I have any chance of getting a Provincial Nomination to immigrate.
I've been living in Ontario for 6 years. I'm on my 3rd LMIA-Based work permit renewal in Canada (NOC 21232) working as a software developer for a finance company. I have 4 years of experience in a full-time job in this company, and some 3 years of experience in Brazil. My current salary is around 130k. I have a job offer (from my current company). I don't speak any French.

However, I don't have a post-secondary degree, only a high-school diploma. So my CRS is very low - around 370. Do I have any chance of getting a PNP from Ontario to immigrate? Or should I focus only on renewing my work permit every 2 years, as I have been doing?

Thank you!
I think you should be eligible for a provincial nomination for Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream. The minimum EOI score in Jan 31st was 53 points, you probably have more than that.

Last edited:

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
My EOI score is 65; But I have just now submitted an expression of interest. So I just lost the latest draw, I think. For what I understand, the next one will usually be in 2 months. Would that be enough for me to get a PNP? Meaning, if the minimum is 53, and considering my NOC is contemplated, is it a certainty that I will get a provincial nomination? Or are there more things to consider, and even if I'm above the minimum EOI score, I could still be left out of the next draw?

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
It's actually very maddening. It's so hard to understand it all.
I have 65 EOI points, but I forgot to update my NOC to the new NOC 2021 system on my OINP profile and my profile was withdrawn. I realized it today because I saw that the latest draw targeting tech workers had a minimum score of 53 - and I didn't receive any emails. So only then I noticed I had to update my profile because my expression of interest was withdrawn.

But still, I'm so confused. Would having 65 EOI points be enough for me to get a provincial nomination and then to apply for a PR under the non-express entry Employers Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream, IF they have another draw under 65 points this year? (which I just can't find any information on how many draws targeting tech workers, or even how many people in total will be invited this year on this stream)?

For example, 53 points is the minimum on the latest draw, but is having the minimum enough? Is it an absolute certainty that if I am above the minimum, and it's a targeted draw for tech workers, I'll receive the provincial nomination? Or are there considerations other than the score and the type of job?

It's so frustrating. It's been 6 years of lawyers and advisors telling me all kinds of things here. That after 1 year working in tech it will be enough to get a PR - but then, it wasn't. That I should just go back to Brazil and finish my university before coming to Canada. That having a job offer and experience means basically nothing without a degree and I shouldn't even create an express entry profile, because it would be a waste of time. That yes, there are many ways for me to get a PR, only for me to hire their services, and then have them tell me I just don't have enough points for any program - which I knew already before hiring them. That if I finish the my 2-year program college here in Canada (which I left for my current job), I'll have a way. That even if I finish, there is no way. It's crazy. So many contradictory information.

Sorry for the rant, but it's just maddening.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
It's actually very maddening. It's so hard to understand it all.
I have 65 EOI points, but I forgot to update my NOC to the new NOC 2021 system on my OINP profile and my profile was withdrawn. I realized it today because I saw that the latest draw targeting tech workers had a minimum score of 53 - and I didn't receive any emails. So only then I noticed I had to update my profile because my expression of interest was withdrawn.

But still, I'm so confused. Would having 65 EOI points be enough for me to get a provincial nomination and then to apply for a PR under the non-express entry Employers Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream, IF they have another draw under 65 points this year? (which I just can't find any information on how many draws targeting tech workers, or even how many people in total will be invited this year on this stream)?

For example, 53 points is the minimum on the latest draw, but is having the minimum enough? Is it an absolute certainty that if I am above the minimum, and it's a targeted draw for tech workers, I'll receive the provincial nomination? Or are there considerations other than the score and the type of job?

It's so frustrating. It's been 6 years of lawyers and advisors telling me all kinds of things here. That after 1 year working in tech it will be enough to get a PR - but then, it wasn't. That I should just go back to Brazil and finish my university before coming to Canada. That having a job offer and experience means basically nothing without a degree and I shouldn't even create an express entry profile, because it would be a waste of time. That yes, there are many ways for me to get a PR, only for me to hire their services, and then have them tell me I just don't have enough points for any program - which I knew already before hiring them. That if I finish the my 2-year program college here in Canada (which I left for my current job), I'll have a way. That even if I finish, there is no way. It's crazy. So many contradictory information.

Sorry for the rant, but it's just maddening.
I have similar situation, I applied to EE, however, now I am thinking about applying to PNP Foreign Workers. There is a question - did you applied finally to the PNP and I saw that ricently it was a draw, have you got a inventation letter to PR? Thanks

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
I have similar situation, I applied to EE, however, now I am thinking about applying to PNP Foreign Workers. There is a question - did you applied finally to the PNP and I saw that ricently it was a draw, have you got a inventation letter to PR? Thanks
Hi there! Yes, I created my Expression of Interest for PNP Foreign Worker's stream earlier this year. I got the Invitation to Apply in August, which I did, and I got my nomination in late December! Now I've just applied to PR a few days ago!

Last edited:

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Hi there! Yes, I created my Expression of Interest for PNP Foreign Worker's stream earlier this year. I got the Invitation to Apply in August, which I did, and I got my nomination in late December! Now I've just applied to PR a few days ago!
Wow! Congrats!:) I'll try this program too, however, I have an open work permit (I think you mentioned you have LMIA), do you know (by chance) if it makes a difference for this program?

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Wow! Congrats!:) I'll try this program too, however, I have an open work permit (I think you mentioned you have LMIA), do you know (by chance) if it makes a difference for this program?
Thank you! I don't actually remember if LMIA is required, but I think it's not! You can try creating the EOI application to see if you're eligible and to see how many points you will get at the end!

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Thank you! I don't actually remember if LMIA is required, but I think it's not! You can try creating the EOI application to see if you're eligible and to see how many points you will get at the end!
Thank! I'll try to do it soon. If you don't mind I'll keep in touch with you, just in case you would be able to advise your experience:) Thanks in advance:)

Reactions: mig_akira

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Finally, after I sent the Employer Form to HR, I got a response that they don't have the time and resources to support employees with PR applications. So, looks like I won't be able to proceed further with this opportunity. Any thought?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Finally, after I sent the Employer Form to HR, I got a response that they don't have the time and resources to support employees with PR applications. So, looks like I won't be able to proceed further with this opportunity. Any thought?
This has been covered previously.

Your employer needs to complete the form. This is mandatory. If your employer will not complete the form, then you cannot apply through this immigration program.

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
This has been covered previously.

Your employer needs to complete the form. This is mandatory. If your employer will not complete the form, then you cannot apply through this immigration program.
Hi Scylla,
I have a question, a friend of mine asked me about the ONIP employer form, that her company may refuse to fill out the form. Can the form be send directly to ONIP? I do not know of this as I was granted PR via express entry CEC. Can you provide some clarification and where to send the form in case that option is available to her

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
I have a question, a friend of mine asked me about the ONIP employer form, that her company may refuse to fill out the form. Can the form be send directly to ONIP? I do not know of this as I was granted PR via express entry CEC. Can you provide some clarification and where to send the form in case that option is available to her
I'm not sure I understand the question. The employer form is mandatory and the employer is the one who must complete it. The completed employer form must be submitted with the application.