+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible for PGWP if Im part time student in my final year of study?

anhquannghiem

Sep 2, 2020
Hi yall, I'm in my 5th year of my program. Am I eligible for PGWP if I'm a part time student both in the Fall and Winter semesters of my 5th year? Due to class scheduling, i can only take 2 classes in the fall term and one in the winter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi yall, I'm in my 5th year of my program. Am I eligible for PGWP if I'm a part time student both in the Fall and Winter semesters of my 5th year? Due to class scheduling, i can only take 2 classes in the fall term and one in the winter.
You can only be part time in one semseter to qualify for a PGWP. If you are part time in two semesters, you should expect your PGWP to be refused. Take extra courses even if you don't need them to keep full time status in your second last semester.

Reactions: anhquannghiem

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You can only be part time in one semseter to qualify for a PGWP. If you are part time in two semesters, you should expect your PGWP to be refused. Take extra courses even if you don't need them to keep full time status in your second last semester.
Part time can only be the last semester as well

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Part-time status
Students may put their studies on hold or become part-time students due to course cancellations as a result of public health measures at DLIs. For the winter, spring and summer 2020 semesters, when a student’s status changes from full time to part time due to changes in course delivery at a DLI, their eligibility for a post-graduation work permit will not be impacted.

anhquannghiem

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you for your answer!! just added an extra course to my schedule to remain my full time status :D