+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible for Federal worker

Kaka

Jun 8, 2013
Hi,

I am a food and beverage manager in a hotel from last 5 years. Wanted to apply for Canada last year but could not as the Canadian government had stopped taking applications.
My education qualification is 3 yrs degree in Commerce + diploma in hotel management.
With all the new things that came this year in May I don't see anything related to hospitality industry in the NOC codes.

Please guide me as to what has to be done.. am I'm eligible to apply?

Kaka

Jun 8, 2013
Other than that I worked as a theater manager for 1yr.

I couldn't find anything in the link that you gave :(
does this mean that as per the new update i am not eligible to apply

khoya_chanda

Jun 8, 2013
You could have and maybe still can apply (seniors may suggest )under Canadian Class experience.
I cannot post link as i am a newbie :( ..chk the cic web for CEC

Chanda

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
i'm afraid so. why don't you try your luck in australia? in other thread, some said state sponsorship is much easier or faster even if you don't have any job offer or relatives in that country.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/why-canada-while-australia-is-easier-t150976.45.html

alaa_saleh said:
Hi All,

I am whom write this topic but when the topic become in the second page in the forum without any reply, I stopped following it. Today, when I read all the replies, I found some guys that understand why I wrote "why Canada while Australia is easier" while other think of Australia as a third-world country.

What I meant by "easier" is you can get PR from Australia in less than one year while in Canada only god know. If I compared FSW to Australia Skill Select, the eligible occupation in Canada are 24 while in Australia are around 187, the cap in Canada is 300 while in Australia it depends on the occupation, it varies from 120 to 13,000 and for 2012 only 6 occupations reach the cap limit (Chemical and Materials Engineers, ICT Business & System Analysts, Electronic Engineers, Telecommunications Engineering Professionals, Other Engineering Professionals, Software and Application Programmers).

[size=10pt]Also, in Australia you can get PR through a state sponsorship without Job offer and without a family member or friend lives in that state.

I found that main advantage for Australia over Canada is the weather, and for Canada over Australia is the cost of living.[/size]
abhijeet9k said:

State Sponsored is the easiest provided your occupation is on the list... I personally guided my Brother in Law to apply last year and he received NSW state sponsorship within a week and then he applied for PR ....His PR was granted in 20 days !!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
khoya_chanda said:
You could have and maybe still can apply (seniors may suggest )under Canadian Class experience.
I cannot post link as i am a newbie :( ..chk the cic web for CEC

Chanda
No - he doesn't qualify. He needs Canadian work experience to qualify for CEC.