+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligble for bridging visa/implied status?

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi all,

I've just submitted my CEC application. I've 445 points so I'm hoping the next draw comes below that number.
My visa is due to end on March 15th. If I get invited before that time am I eligible to apply for a bridging visa on my study work visa until I get my answer for my PR? This is the visa I received when I got my study visa.

Thank You

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're eligible as long as you receive the invitation AND you submit your e-APR.

Karan_Can

Feb 1, 2018
Hi all,

I've just submitted my CEC application. I've 445 points so I'm hoping the next draw comes below that number.
My visa is due to end on March 15th. If I get invited before that time am I eligible to apply for a bridging visa on my study work visa until I get my answer for my PR? This is the visa I received when I got my study visa.

Thank You
Yes you can apply for bridging work permit using the AOR ( acknowledgement of receipt ) which is generated once the PR file has been submitted.

You are most likely to get to ITA in the next draw.

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
thanks all for your quick response on this.

Just a quick question what is e-APR? What kind of document is this that I need to submit? Am I submitting the APR for my bridging application?

Karan_Can

Feb 1, 2018

Just a quick question what is e-APR? What kind of document is this that I need to submit? Am I submitting the APR for my bridging application?
E-APR = Electronic application for Permanent residency

Once you get the invitation, you will receive a checklist of all the documents required.

They are mostly going to be your education documents, police clearance ( not Canadian ), Medicals, IELTS and other documents for whatever you have claimed points for in your profile.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Note that submitting a profile for EE is not an application for permanent residence. It only gets you into the pool of candidates. If you receive an ITA, you then have to prepare the electronic application for permanent residence (eAPR), and all supporting documents.

To be eligible for the BOWP, you have to have recieved the ITA, submitted a complete eAPR, and recieved the email Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR), all in time for you to prepare an application to extend your work permit (it is a separate application from the eAPR), and submit that BEFORE your current work permit expires.

You only have one month to do all of that. It is possible, but if you do not already have your police clearances, it may not work out.

You will get a checklist if you receive an ITA. However, IRCC also posts the application requirements on its website. You can read them here -

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Information on the BOWP -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Thank you all for your information.

Jes, considering I've little time to do this. Can I do my medical test now?
Is this something that I can do? If so how would the doctor who performs the medical upload the documents if I haven't received an ITA?

I'm hoping the next draw is in Feb 21st.

Note that submitting a profile for EE is not an application for permanent residence. It only gets you into the pool of candidates. If you receive an ITA, you then have to prepare the electronic application for permanent residence (eAPR), and all supporting documents.

To be eligible for the BOWP, you have to have recieved the ITA, submitted a complete eAPR, and recieved the email Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR), all in time for you to prepare an application to extend your work permit (it is a separate application from the eAPR), and submit that BEFORE your current work permit expires.

You only have one month to do all of that. It is possible, but if you do not already have your police clearances, it may not work out.

You will get a checklist if you receive an ITA. However, IRCC also posts the application requirements on its website. You can read them here -

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Information on the BOWP -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html