+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I case for 'Prove intention to move out of Quebec' for express entry through OINP nomination

pvenki11

Mar 2, 2020
Hi, I am currently working and staying in Quebec with a closed work permit. I have applied for PR through the express entry (process is going on) with a PNP nomination from Ontario. Do I need to also provide an intention to move out of Quebec letter? I know this may differ case by case, but as I already proved my intention to move to Ontario to Ontario province and got the nomination, is there a possibility that I will be asked again by federal for the intention to move out of Quebec ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, you have to show you will settle in the province that nominated you by looking for jobs and housing in Ontario, and quitting your job and ending your lease in Quebec.

Feb 8, 2022
Hi, I am currently working and staying in Quebec with a closed work permit. I have applied for PR through the express entry (process is going on) with a PNP nomination from Ontario. Do I need to also provide an intention to move out of Quebec letter? I know this may differ case by case, but as I already proved my intention to move to Ontario to Ontario province and got the nomination, is there a possibility that I will be asked again by federal for the intention to move out of Quebec ?
How did it go? I really hope you were successful.

Feb 8, 2022
Yes, you have to show you will settle in the province that nominated you by looking for jobs and housing in Ontario, and quitting your job and ending your lease in Quebec.
I am going through the same issue, but the problem is, how can you quit everything in Québec and move to Ontario if you do not have any temporary permits to do so? That is to say, I received a notification of interest from Ontario, but it does not allow me to move there while I wait on the nomination and the PR processing.