+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I allowed to work while studying?

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Hi, basically my question is, am I allowed to work in Canada while studying? The program that I will be taking is an academic upgrading course
which includes: Pure math, Pure physics, Pure chemistry and English? The program is 14 months long.

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fredde587 said:
Hi, basically my question is, am I allowed to work in Canada while studying? The program that I will be taking is an academic upgrading course
which includes: Pure math, Pure physics, Pure chemistry and English? The program is 14 months long.
New rules that take effect on June 1, 2014, make it easier for study permit holders to work off campus. Full-time students pursuing an academic, professional or vocational training program at a designated learning institution will be:

eligible to work off campus without a work permit;
allowed to work off campus for up to 20 hours per week during a regular academic session and full time during regularly scheduled breaks; and
able to work off campus immediately rather than waiting six months.
To be able to work in Canada, however, you must be registered and enrolled at your designated learning institution, and you must get a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada.

list of designated learning institution : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
koolbnda said:
New rules that take effect on June 1, 2014, make it easier for study permit holders to work off campus. Full-time students pursuing an academic, professional or vocational training program at a designated learning institution will be:

eligible to work off campus without a work permit;
allowed to work off campus for up to 20 hours per week during a regular academic session and full time during regularly scheduled breaks; and
able to work off campus immediately rather than waiting six months.
To be able to work in Canada, however, you must be registered and enrolled at your designated learning institution, and you must get a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada.

list of designated learning institution : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp

It is full time, it is in a DLI and can i really just get it like that considering all i get from this is a certificate?

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fredde587 said:
It is full time, it is in a DLI and can i really just get it like that considering all i get from this is a certificate?
If you match above criteria, I don't see any problem.