+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I allow to work full time during studies?

usmankhan2121

Jan 5, 2023
I applied for study visa from Pakistan on 21st September 2022 and my eligibility started from 26th Sept. And I got Passport request on 4th November and landed here in 9 december 2022 and got study permit on port of entry.
Am I eligible to work full time during my classes??

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
I applied for study visa from Pakistan on 21st September 2022 and my eligibility started from 26th Sept. And I got Passport request on 4th November and landed here in 9 december 2022 and got study permit on port of entry.
Am I eligible to work full time during my classes??
Check your study permit conditions. Does it allow you to seek employment on or off campus. Yes, you can work full time under a temporary scheme announced by the government to curtail the labour shortage. There is currently no cap on hours. Remember to maintain your full time student status.

usmankhan2121

Jan 5, 2023
Check your study permit conditions. Does it allow you to seek employment on or off campus. Yes, you can work full time under a temporary scheme announced by the government to curtail the labour shortage. There is currently no cap on hours. Remember to maintain your full time student status.
Yes it states I may accept On or off campus work

Myahudi Jr II

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Sure, you have all prerequisites for working more than 20hrs per week as long as you lodged your visa application before 7th October 2022. A tonne of students should be aware of this requirement to avoid a future PGWP rejection. If you filled out a study permit application after 7th October 2022 and your application has been approved, your working hours restriction of 20hrs per week is still valid

usmankhan2121

Jan 5, 2023
Sure, you have all prerequisites for working more than 20hrs per week as long as you lodged your visa application before 7th October 2022. A tonne of students should be aware of this requirement to avoid a future PGWP rejection. If you filled out a study permit application after 7th October 2022 and your application has been approved, your working hours restriction of 20hrs per week is still valid
Basically how I will know IRCC received my Application on which date. I putted application on 21 September and also got the Submission confirmation the same day and Medical was also updated on 23rd sept and on 26th Eligibility was started. Now even I open portal and it stated date submitted 21 September and On Application information portion inside Application it says date received 21 September

khaclub

Nov 19, 2021
Hi everyone,
Please help me answer my question.
I have applied a program starting in 01-2022 and it's one-year post-graduate certificate. I graduated already in 12-2022. The problem was that I applied and worked for a IT startup as a contractor in 1st, August, 2022. It wasn't declared full-time, but I received monthly e-transfer from the employer until now. In August, I finished my second semester and I was supposed to have co-op but then I submitted my PLAR that approved me to pass it without doing anything in the third semester. I have another part-time job that taking 20 hours since 1st, May.

My question is did I violate the 20 hours? I have never declared my tax in the past, and I heard that I have to make it by the end of this April.

Thank you.