+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALWAYS go to test or interview with most recent CBSA record of travel

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
All,
We should all read the below post and take good notes...
There is what the application guide says... and what we see in practice...
I always thought it's a good idea to go to test or interview with the most recent CBSA record of travel... it can save you time !!!

Re: Kitchener Citizenship Application
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2014, 08:18:03 am »
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kitchener-citizenship-application-t184018.60.html

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
All,
We should all read the below post and take good notes...
There is what the application guide says... and what we see in practice...
I always thought it's a good idea to go to test or interview with the most recent CBSA record of travel... it can save you time !!!

Re: Kitchener Citizenship Application
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2014, 08:18:03 am »
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kitchener-citizenship-application-t184018.60.html
Hi,

How can we get them? How long it takes?

Thanks,

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Zumba369 said:
Hi,

How can we get them? How long it takes?

Thanks,
Use the following link:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

It takes around 30-40 calendar days

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
And what if you need to travel in those 30-40 days? That travel detail may not be in the CBSA report.

thecoolguysam said:
Use the following link:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not open the link provided but my experience is this. I ordered CBSA record and offered to show it to the agent on interview day but he said he doesn't need anything. Of course it depends on the file but I don't see any harm in having it even if the instructions advice against ordering it. As someone said it's like having an airbag in your car, you may never need it but you never know... it may save your life.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When CIC processes application they request CBSA record and that is placed on file. It is strange that they didn't have it in this odd case due to misplacement or error on part of the officer. This document is a vital piece in determining the eligibility. It is nearly impossible that they would skip this step.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
CanadianCountry said:
And what if you need to travel in those 30-40 days? That travel detail may not be in the CBSA report.

Yes, that is correct. Once you submit the request, they process it within 7-8 days and then after 30 days they send the records by mail.

I submitted mine on 20th October, received 28th November, dated 20th November, however report was run on 28th October.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Use the following link:

Thanks !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Goldline said:
I did not open the link provided but my experience is this. I ordered CBSA record and offered to show it to the agent on interview day but he said he doesn't need anything. Of course it depends on the file but I don't see any harm in having it even if the instructions advice against ordering it. As someone said it's like having an airbag in your car, you may never need it but you never know... it may save your life.

When you go for test/interview they check your passport for any stamps. If they have doubt they can question you. If they don't have any doubts they won't ask you for anything.

However, if they have doubt they will ask you to provide entry/exit details or send RQ after test as well.

At that point of time you can show your CBSA records to match with the stamps.

That way it will clear their doubt and your application will be processed quickly without any delays

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
thecoolguysam said:
When you go for test/interview they check your passport for any stamps. If they have doubt they can question you. If they don't have any doubts they won't ask you for anything.

However, if they have doubt they will ask you to provide entry/exit details or send RQ after test as well.

At that point of time you can show your CBSA records to match with the stamps.

That way it will clear their doubt and your application will be processed quickly without any delays
Based on my experience at the interview, Your declared travel days on the application must tie to your passport, If there are no stamp the in your passport for them to verify - they will request CBSA records - they are not interested in what you bring but what they can verify from their end. And I think it depends on the officer too . . .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
notalawyer said:
Based on my experience at the interview, Your declared travel days on the application must tie to your passport, If there are no stamp the in your passport for them to verify - they will request CBSA records - they are not interested in what you bring but what they can verify from their end. And I think it depends on the officer too . . .
that is correct.
CBSA records are ordered during the application process and they determine that you meet residency requirements and that's why they schedule you for the interview else they will issue a RQ. When you send the initial application you just have to send the biographical pages of the passport and they don't know what stamps are printed on the passport unless they issue you a RQ requesting the same or it can only be verified when interview takes place.
During the interview processing while reviewing passport, if they suspect any issues with the stamps in order to review residency requirement and at that point of time they can either request RQ or mini RQ at the same time or after few days.

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it matter how many times you request your entry records from CBSA? does requesting them few times trigger anything ?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Use the following link:

It's a good advise. But you don't always have 30-40 days between the time you get notified for the test and the actual test date. Most of my friends got a two weeks notice. Not sure how can we do this if the notice period is very short.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
It's a good advise. But you don't always have 30-40 days between the time you get notified for the test and the actual test date. Most of my friends got a two weeks notice. Not sure how can we do this if the notice period is very short.
Make the request as earlier as possible after you send your application to CIC. That way the report you receive covers the 4 or 6 relevant years and you will receive the report prior to test invite.

Thanks
Rod

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
Make the request as earlier as possible after you send your application to CIC. That way the report you receive covers the 4 or 6 relevant years and you will receive the report prior to test invite.

Thanks
Rod
Yes, I already applied it prior to submitting my application. I did not submit it with my application because the instruction guide says clearly NOT to. I used to verify the exit/entry dates ...