Alternate To Employer Reference Letter

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Hello,

My ex employer has refused to give me a letter describing my roles and responsibilities , but has replied to my request saying i can send a Self attested letter ( which I will get notorized) and attach my ex managers business card so that if CIC wants to they can contact him.

I am planning to attach this letter from my employer along with my ex managers business card anf the self sttested and notorized letter.

1)Do you think this will cause any issue?

2)Also do I need to show Job discription letter for my spouse as well?
3)How many months pay slip do i need to attach?
4)My offer letter says I am being hired as a Software Engineer but after I joined they renamed the job title as Systems Engineer and is mentioned as such in my relieving letter. Hoping a letter of explanation will solve this confusion

thanks '
Regards
Karishma Kumar
Self attested letters won't work. There have been multiple instances of refusals in the past. If you really need these points, request your ex-employer again till they relent.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
@Asivad Anac

I worked with Infosys before and I am sure they will not provide me with the letter, but they them selves have given me that option, so shouldnt it work? What else option do I have?

Thanks
Karishma Kumar

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
@Asivad Anac

I worked with Infosys before and I am sure they will not provide me with the letter, but they them selves have given me that option, so shouldnt it work? What else option do I have?

Thanks
Karishma Kumar
They may give that option but CIC doesn't accept self attested letters. Other forum members from Infosys have successfully got their PR so something is working for them which can work for you as well. Search the forum for threads by yogigal who had similar issues earlier in 2015 and she eventually got her PR late last year.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Thank you so much for pointing me to the posts.

It will be really helpful if you have answers to my other question as well.

4)My offer letter says I am being hired as a Software Engineer but after I joined they renamed the job title as Systems Engineer and is mentioned as such in my relieving letter. Hoping a letter of explanation will solve this confusion

Thank you

Karishma Kumar

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Asivad Anac said:
You will be in bigger trouble if you highlight this issue as OINP will likely assume that the letter is doctored as it is dated after the organization ceased to exist. Don't reach out to them at all - wait for them to ask you for an explanation. If they don't do that, count yourself incredibly lucky.

All the best!
Thank you Asivad..I will wait in this case!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Thank you so much for pointing me to the posts.

It will be really helpful if you have answers to my other question as well.

Unless they worked in Canada in a NOC 0/A/B position within the last 10 years, No.

CIC doesn't ask for pay slips if your reference letter mentions your salary or that it was paid experience.

No LOE required. CIC doesn't care about job title. Only job responsibilities matter which should match with most of the main duties of your chosen NOC.

Thank you

Karishma Kumar